Re: Stair supports?

i meant 1 3/4 x 2 x 12 inch blocks.

I have outside stairs on the side of a hill. All pressure treated. Im >using 1/5 x 2 x 12 blocks to support 2 x 12 steps. > WHat is the best way to attached the support blocks to the riser? I used > 3 deck screws on each block for one set of steps but Im not sure if those > are the right hardware to use as deck screws may not be meant to take that > shear stress. I could used 16p 3 inch nails, but I would think those > would work out eventually. Lags are very expensive and I was trying to > avoid those. > > Any thoughts? > >
Reply to
noxpurt