Re: Spray Adhesive - which brand?

"Bob Davis" wrote in news:ZzbDb.4900$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I see mentions of spray adhesive periodically. Is there a favorite brand?
3M Histrength 90 Spray Adhesive
Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

JGS

3M is a good brand. I'd avoid brands that are not well-known. Be careful about breathing the fumes!
Reply to
Phisherman

3M77

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

3M is a good brand, agreed. But in a pinch, I picked up a can of the Elmer's variant that my wife had grabbed from a Craft Store. Worked fine.
Reply to
mttt

FWIW I found another off-label use for spray adhesive. I bought a half dozen cans of some spray adhesive for 98cents/each at the local surplus building supply place(Hood's). Well, I was having trouble backing(tires would lose traction) my lawn tractor up the metal bed of my tilt trailer after doing a lawn. I found that if I sprayed the tire tracks on the bed and a little on the tractor tires I had NO trouble getting the thing loaded..

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Wide Receivers use the stuff too... Also called "Stick 'Um"

Reply to
mttt

This started to look like a good post that was going to describe the different spray adhesives. Then it stopped and just said: This one is "good" this other one is "cheap", etc. Hey, guys. Let hear about relative costs, yes, but also is it contact? Can you move the two surfaces and how long after the adhesive is applied? What is the relative strength (use the weight of material or some other good example to describe strength). What is it best used for? Is it flamable? Is if for mounting pictures, fasten lining material to wood? Does it do what the label says? Any other piece of useful info. and dialog. Also, if you used many different types, give your relative impressions!!

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Really? I thought that was called SNOT.

Reply to
Grandpa

snip

snip

types, give your

I just bought a can of Elmer's to reglue the white plastic coating to some drop ceiling tiles (fibreglass backing I believe). Ya gotta let it set up for a minute or so before it gets tacky - it's pretty wet when you first spray it. Kind of a pain IMO.

I also used it on some end-grain butt-joints and have been unable to separate them with my hydraulic press. Your results may vary.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Grandpa responds:

That's what you get after they reach up with the wet gloves and scratch their noses, latching onto a few stray nose hairs in the process. Or that more like "tears." :)

Charlie Self

Charlie Self