Re: Spray Adhesive - which brand?

3M Histrength 90 Spray Adhesive
--
Bill

Hi Bob, I use two 3M products (90 and 77) depending upon the use and an Elmer's glue for gluing squared paper to hardboard for templates. Cheers, JG
Bob Davis wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 05:24:09 GMT, "Bob Davis"

3M is a good brand. I'd avoid brands that are not well-known. Be careful about breathing the fumes!

3M is a good brand, agreed. But in a pinch, I picked up a can of the Elmer's variant that my wife had grabbed from a Craft Store. Worked fine.
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 05:24:09 GMT, "Bob Davis"

3M77
Barry
in message wrote:

FWIW I found another off-label use for spray adhesive. I bought a half dozen cans of some spray adhesive for 98cents/each at the local surplus building supply place(Hood's). Well, I was having trouble backing(tires would lose traction) my lawn tractor up the metal bed of my tilt trailer after doing a lawn. I found that if I sprayed the tire tracks on the bed and a little on the tractor tires I had NO trouble getting the thing loaded..
Larry

Wide Receivers use the stuff too... Also called "Stick 'Um"
mttt wrote:

Really? I thought that was called SNOT<G>.
Grandpa responds:

That's what you get after they reach up with the wet gloves and scratch their noses, latching onto a few stray nose hairs in the process. Or that more like "tears." :)
Charlie Self
This started to look like a good post that was going to describe the different spray adhesives. Then it stopped and just said: This one is "good" this other one is "cheap", etc. Hey, guys. Let hear about relative costs, yes, but also is it contact? Can you move the two surfaces and how long after the adhesive is applied? What is the relative strength (use the weight of material or some other good example to describe strength). What is it best used for? Is it flamable? Is if for mounting pictures, fasten lining material to wood? Does it do what the label says? Any other piece of useful info. and dialog. Also, if you used many different types, give your relative impressions!!

On 15 Dec 2003 16:18:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Eric Anderson) wrote:
snip

I just bought a can of Elmer's to reglue the white plastic coating to some drop ceiling tiles (fibreglass backing I believe). Ya gotta let it set up for a minute or so before it gets tacky - it's pretty wet when you first spray it. Kind of a pain IMO.
I also used it on some end-grain butt-joints and have been unable to separate them with my hydraulic press. Your results may vary.
JP