RE: Splinters In Her Crotch

If splinters count as wood, it's on topic.
Enjoy
Lew ------------------------------ A woman from Los Angeles, CA, who was an environmentalist, and an anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland near Colville, WA .
There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract.
She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big tree.
As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her.
In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.
In considerable pain, she hurried to the Mt. Carmel ER to see a doctor.
She told him she was an environmentalist, an anti-hunter, and how she came to get all the splinters.
The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go wait in the examining room and he would see if he could help her.
She sat and waited three hours before the doctor reappeared.
The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?"
He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area.
If true - only wishing - as I used to own 5 acres of Redwood trees. Our home was in and among them. One Earth Day, we ran off a small mob of jerks who were spiking my trees.
They were driving rail road spikes around the trunks.
I think that did as much to kill trees than to drive off or kill a logger.
Loggers got smart and used metal detectors in areas near people.
Martin
On 1/4/2011 1:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message

Which is why the protestors/eco-terrorists switched to ceramic spikes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no admirer of the timber industry (which historically replanted only a fraction of the land it cut) but killing and maiming loggers as a form or protest is as nuts as shooting abortion doctors--it's way over the line.
The valley I lived in was clear cut - except for two large park areas that the lumbermen set aside.
The trees on my site were about 90 years old. They were all between 100 and 140' tall. To some that is 30 meters up to 40 or so meters tall.
The stumps from the old days were still on my property.
The lumbermen burned the outside of the stumps to prevent suckers growing on the stumps and becoming a hazard by getting big and falling off the wall of a stump.
Loggers constantly replant because they own the land. When they log off private or federal arms the private and federal keepers are expected to replenish their own land. They got a ton of money after all.
Around here - is tall pine forests - cut lanes out of them and they reclaim the forest grounds with what was left over. They want to make money and poor growth and no trees won't produce board feet in 20 years.
I, for one, who was legally was authorized to cut but left his trees growing. Looking at the size today with Google Earth - all one sees is green mush of the ragged limbs. A total blanket.
Martin
On 1/5/2011 1:44 PM, DGDevin wrote:

They are indeed ecoterrorists and all belong behind bars. Better yet, perform the same disfigurations on them as they inflicted on the loggers they hurt, or simply off 'em if they killed anyone.

Thank the Democrat party for all of those people.
IICY?
-- Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Hee-Hee. That story reminds me of a sister-in-law.
She grew up in the country but got city-ized during nearly forty years in the Wichita area. After she and her husband bought 200 acres of farm land in southeast Kansas, they moved a trailer onto the farm with intent of eventually building their retirement home. About 1/3 of the land was creek-bottom or heavily wooded. It was full of deer and other wildlife.
She loudly proclaimed there would be NO HUNTING on her land. She didn't believe in it, she would protect her deer and would prosecute anyone found hunting on the property. She spent much of the first months hanging signs and painting corner posts, which is a controlled- hunting sign in Kansas.
Then they proceeded to line the property in front of the intended home site with 1-2 foot evergreen plantings. They also planted more than 100 walnut and pecan trees in an open pasture north of the house "to be there for their offspring".
They immediately noticed the tops of the evergreens were being nibbled. She came up with all kinds of natural and environmentally- friendly ways to discourage the deer they had seen nibbling on the trees.
That first winter the deer decimated the evergreens and did great damage to the hardwood grove.
The following autumn she bough licenses and deer permits for her sons, her neighbors, myself and anyone else who wanted one.
She has also learned to cook and enjoy a venison meal.
Times change!
RonB
"RonB" wrote: The following autumn she bough licenses and deer permits for her sons, her neighbors, myself and anyone else who wanted one.
---------------------------------- A fine example of the bambi complex gone amuck.
Lew

I call it the Koala Complex. They're all cute and cuddly, right? (Till they remove your face with their razor sharp, claws.)
"Robatoy" wrote:

they remove your face with their razor sharp, claws.) --------------------------- Speaking of Koalas, anybody heard from Morris lately?
Lew

Koalas in Iowa? LOL.. Yup I have heard from him. He's fine.
"Robatoy" wrote:

---------------------------- As in Koala sitting in a gum tree smoking a joint.
Lew

They don't need to smoke, they get stoned on the eucy leaves

If you mean "Dovey" he is active in groups other places.
Speaking of Koalas, anybody heard from Morris lately?
Lew
"Robatoy" wrote in message

So stay out of eucalyptus trees.