Re: Source for 800-grit sandpaper

Try Autozone, PepBoys, O'Reily's or similar auto parts store. Most of them have a wide selection/range of very fine grit, to at least 2000P.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Or any automotive paint store.

Reply to
Leon

Some Aces have had it. They used to have crocus cloth as well, so what they stock changes. And that would be silicon carbide wet or dry, not SIO2. Even Home Despot has carried finer stuff in wet-or- dry, might worth a look.

If you need bulk, have a look at Amazon.

Me, I use diamond hone plates for sharpening stuff.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I think mine came from Ace. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

I always send our "scary sharp" customers to Klingspor abrasives...

a sharp edge!

Tim Alisam Engineering Home of the Sharpening Sled TM Honing guide

Reply to
Tim

snipped-for-privacy@prolynx.com wrote in news:7e49a10e-74aa-4e46-a129-f8844efe70aa@

20g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Mcmaster Carr sells all sorts, going up to 2500. they sell 5 packs & 50's.

White

Reply to
Doug White