Re: Someone Bought This Thing

That was the funniest thing I've read in....

BTW the real idiot is the one who ratcheted up the price from 0.01 to

25.22 - without anyone bidding against them. I am not well versed in the way ebay works but I imagine they made several simultaneous bids - but to want it that bad and let it get away from you for $1.00 - thats gotta hurt.

Ephraim

A friend sent me this link for an item that was sold on eBay. The product > description is highly entertaining, especially the additions at the end. > >
> There were over 24,000 visitors to the page os it is possible that this link > might have been posted here before. If so, sorry for bringing up old news; > I hadn't seen it. > > Lee > -- > To e-mail, replace "bucketofspam" with "dleegordon" > >
Reply to
Ephraim Glueck
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

That's right you are not well versed..LOL.. it just means that eBay increases the bid on your behalf up to your maximum bid..so if someone else bids your bid automatically increases each time up to your maximum bid, looking at the bid history will show increased bids were placed at the same time when really the time shown stays the same because it records only the time your maximum bid was placed....clear as mud eh?

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

accurately -

Yeah but would you market the cow dung as inferior to pig dung but you should buy my cow dung anyway? LOL.. Did the seller on e-bay make you want to buy that tool with that description?

Reply to
Leon

Leon ...

I fear you have missed the point of the excercise. I think the seller's intent was to vent and also to have a little fun at Ryobi's expense. I think he would have been quite happy to throw the router table in the trash (after publically trashing Ryobi) but he got a bonus: some idiot ignored his humorous product description and actually bought the damn thing.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

No, but I approve of the auction text entirely for it's amusement value. I thing the seller wanted to make a splash more than some money.

Reply to
Eric Ryder

My Mom designed jewelery so each year we would make the pilgrimage to Tucson Arizona for the lapidary, mineral and gem trade show. Each year there is some new "hot thing". One year it was coprolite. Now a coprolite is nothing more than old fossilized poop. Everywhere we looked, dealers were selling poop. You could even buy your poop on a nice little stand to proudly display on your fireplace mantle. One vendor even claimed his poop was of a superior grade because you could spot the remains of some small insects in it and offered an eye loupe so we could have a close look at his poop. But we got our biggest laugh when we came to a vendor who was slicing his poop with a lapidary saw and buffing it up for use as jewelry. (Yes, he was really shining sh*t) It looked like little walnut oysters.

Now Mom and I have made jewelry out of some pretty odd material, but the thought of having little pieces of poop dangling from our ears just didn't fly. In fact, we go to lengths to make sure we DON'T have any poop dangling anywhere.

And make no mistake, people were BUYING poop. It seemed that suddenly there were "poop experts" everywhere. Examining their poop with microscopes, weighing it on little scales normally used for gem stones and arguing about the price.

So if you're wondering why people buy crap on ebay, maybe they just want to hang it from their ears.

Kim

And you may have missed the point of the buyer's exercise. I think he simply enjoyed the seller's humorous efforts enough to reward him by buying the router table (and perhaps having the seller make good on his promise to photograph/videotape it's destruction). I think the whole thing was just about people having fun and not worrying about making or spending a few measly dollars.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Yep I agree with that...

Reply to
Leon
[snip of some funny shit]

LOL. Brings to mind the phrase "spit shining a turd". j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Man. I almost died of laughter....seriously. I couldn't breathe. My stomach hurt and I'm dehydrated from all the crying I did. This auction has to go into the Ebay hall of fame (shame?).

Layne

Reply to
Layne

An idiot? He sold a worthless piece of junk and got $26 for it. I'd say he is brilliant.

Todd L

Reply to
Todd L

I think he was just trying to get his money's worth by getting the frustration off his chest publicly. He probably had enough fun bad mouthing the product on Ebay that the thing almost paid for itself. I got a good laugh out of it too. ;0)

I didn't bid though.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan