Re: some project

Here are two project that I have completed out of solid oak a book case and

> a bathroom cabinet > > > begin 666 Shortcut to MVC-002S.lnk > M3 ````$4`@``````P ```````$:;````( ```( *322GP\0!``"#8S/RQ $` > M_7T=IL/$`=-6`````````0```````````````````!\"% `?4.!/T"#J.FD0

Please don't post binaries to a text-based discusiosn group.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

And please don't post symlinks to a local file to any newsgroup !

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking is thattaway. Check that Outlook posts the _image_file_ as an attachment, not just the shortcut to it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

He didn't if you bothered to look. His attachment were two shortcuts - not binary files Nanny....

Reply to
BobS

"Did too!"

"No, No, Nanette" applies.

1) a 'binary' file is anything that is *not* "human-readable", plain-text ASCII 2) by definition this includes _anything_ that has been "uuencoded", and/or "MIME base64" encoded. 3) a MS-WINDOWS ".lnk" file *IS* a 'binary' file. 4) posting 'binaries' to a TEXT news-group -- unless that group has an *express* exemption in the newsgroup 'charter' -- *IS* considered an 'abuse' of the posting privilege. 5) The posted _binaries_ appear to be "pointers" to a different location on his *local*hard*disk*. And, as such, are utterly _useless_ to anyone without access to HIS computer.

_Whatever_ it was that the original ("bozo"-mode) poster was trying to accomplish, he failed to do so.

As for you, "Everyone has the inalienable right to be wrong", and you were, obviously, merely engaged in exercising that right.

Reply to
u.dont

To the nameless butthead.....

binary file A file that uses all eight bits of the byte. Machine language programs (executable programs), graphics files, databases, spreadsheets and most word processing files fall into this category. Almost all files except for simple ASCII text files are binary files.

Reply to
BobS

=_NextPart_000_001E_01C5048A.687F0540

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sorry... copied an excerpt from Gurunet and obviously it used Rich Text (HTML) and I didn't notice it.

Reply to
BobS

"BobS" wrote in news:btdKd.5764$MX2.1130 @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Yea, that didn't look like one of your usual clean posts. So I only read the first 70 or so characters. ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch