Re: Simple Wooden Toys

I make wooden toys for a living, simple wooden toys, designed to be "mass" produced in a wood shop using normal wood working machines. I sell to museums, giftshops, and other higher end stores. I would be glad to provide you with what help I can if you are making these for Toys for Tots and not selling them. However before you get involved though I think you should check the local rules for toys given to toys for tots, two years ago I made up some wooden rocking horses (retail $175) and offered them to Toys for Tots (free of course). I was told that if they are not factory made and in a box they didn't want them. Sold 3 of them to a museum gift shop 1 to a church nursery and gave two to the church ( not my church) for their Christmas gift program. Each year I receive a lot of requests for toys from programs similar to TFT for toys, but never from TFT, so there are other programs if TFT in your area doesn't want them. If I can help contact me.

I am a member of the Woodworker's Journal Online E-zine. They give out Free plans. I have collected quite a few toys in PDF format.
--
Young Carpenter