Re: Siding Router Table

go to

and do a search on their site for "sliding router table" I got 40 results but wasn't going to look for the specific one, so go check it out......

I recently cought the tail end of "In the Woorkshop" with John >Silloats on DIY. They showed a sliding router table that looked pretty >good. I thought they said it was made in Canada. Unfortunately, the >credits didn't show any information on the manufacturer. Any >information on this table would be greatly appeciated. > >Thanks, >jbaiardo
Reply to
myxpykalixNOSPAM

Maybe the Multi Router?

Unisaw A100

It was a Jessem.

Swingman

Go to:

it's not on there yet. It's due in September it appears.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

They sold out of the original version and are supposedly coming out with a newly engineered one.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.meganetnews.com:

Hmmm. With the suspecting nature I have, I sometimes interpret "coming out with a newly engineered one" as meaning that the original one had a problem ...

Reply to
Han

IIRC, the multi-router runs in the neighborhood of US$2.5K.

About the same as a fully loaded laptop ... and it will last a lot longer, should you need any justification. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

That's quite possible. I also suspect the show was an old one.

I am not convinced that the idea of bringing the mountain (router) to Mohammed (workpiece), so to speak, is worth whatever the price is.

You can get at least some of the same functionality on a router table with two guide fences and a sled captured between them, allowing you to move the work piece to the stationary router.

Still, if the price is right ....

Reply to
Swingman