Re: Should you join BOID?

Page 1 of 2
Silvan wrote:

That's the kind of dorker I aspire to be! I have only worked my way up to misplacing HF and Griz boxes.

No, thank you! ;-)
-- Mark
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:44:10 -0500, Silvan

Where do we sign up?
Barry
Ba r r y wrote:

(Actually, I was going to do up a web site with a nifty logo and some kind of web forum or blog or something, but my motivation left me, and I decided I'd better just post the message and get the idea out there before I forgot about it. I welcome any ideas putting together a right and proper BOID, and...)
...as a Charter Member, if you pay $150 a year for three years, up front, you can take home a premium quality high tensile strength polymer resin drill guide with the BOID logo scratched on it, or, at your option, a sanding sponge. You will then be eligible to test out new merchandise from over three hundred different vendors and share *your* opinion with them.
If you can remember where you left the stuff.
Hurry! We are only accepting 123,650 Charter Members, so don't miss your chance to be a bona fide Charter Member of BOID. Hurry!
Mark Jerde wrote:

We do allow HF and Griz boxes. Even Homier if you insist.

(SWMBO thought this was hillarious too.)
Silvan wrote:

A sister group is PLANE -- People Lying About Needing Equipment to finish that next ww project.
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote:

I'll trade you a free Charter Membership in BOID for a membership in PLANE. It sounds like I need to join your group as well.
Silvan wrote:

For some reason I suck at finishing. Even poly doesn't come out right. On most "in the house" projects I let SWMBO do all the finishing -- that way I know it will be acceptable. <eg> The PLANE solution is naturally a HVLP sprayer outfit. If I had a two car garage shop I'd probably already have one, but (unfortuantely ;-) there just isn't space in my one car shop. I'm finding help at FROG, Finishing Rejects Overcomers Group.
-- Mark
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:31:08 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

so many new groups so little time..... umm whats the name o that one again? hehehehe
skeez
skeezics wrote:

Not PLANE, nor BOID, nor even FROG, ...
-- Mark

... Just little old me, Underdog.
Sorry, it was the first thing that popped (slithered?) into my gourd when I saw the header of the OP.
I'll go sit in the closet and hum now.
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote:

SPONGE - Society for the Prevention of Nahmites Gettin' Everything!
Philski
philski wrote:

Now wait just a dang minute. I'm a Charter Member of SPONGE, and I even have the jacket (because I cashed the check for $3... oops) but the SPONGE I belong to is the SOciety for the Prevention of Neanders Gettin' Everything.
What gives? Are you people ripping us off?
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:04:22 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

hmmmm,..... guess i should join this on too. lol
skeez
Have any of you brothers seen my Stud Finder? I need to locate it, so that when I lose the replacement I'll have a backup! :)
: Have any of you brothers seen my Stud Finder? I need to locate it, so that : when I lose the replacement I'll have a backup! :) :
She's over here at my house ;-) yuk yuk but seriously, my stud finder beeps and blinks... when I lose it, I just walk around swinging a tubafor.
-Brian
Bill Stock wrote:

No, but you can borrow mine if I can find it. It's either in my son's room, out in the storage shed, or maybe on the mantle in the living room. I think.

lol... ill trade ya for a 9 volt battery!
skeez
: : Thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing you at our next : meeting. :
I lost my membership card, can I still get in?
-Brian
Cherokee-LTD wrote:

Absolutely.
Silvan wrote:

(... because I lost the membership list ...)
-- Mark