Re: Should you join BOID?

Do you have any Lee Valley boxes you misplaced before getting around

> to using their contents?

That's the kind of dorker I aspire to be! I have only worked my way up to misplacing HF and Griz boxes.

Thank you.

No, thank you! ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Where do we sign up?

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

(Actually, I was going to do up a web site with a nifty logo and some kind of web forum or blog or something, but my motivation left me, and I decided I'd better just post the message and get the idea out there before I forgot about it. I welcome any ideas putting together a right and proper BOID, and...)

...as a Charter Member, if you pay $150 a year for three years, up front, you can take home a premium quality high tensile strength polymer resin drill guide with the BOID logo scratched on it, or, at your option, a sanding sponge. You will then be eligible to test out new merchandise from over three hundred different vendors and share *your* opinion with them.

If you can remember where you left the stuff.

Hurry! We are only accepting 123,650 Charter Members, so don't miss your chance to be a bona fide Charter Member of BOID. Hurry!

Reply to
Silvan

We do allow HF and Griz boxes. Even Homier if you insist.

(SWMBO thought this was hillarious too.)

Reply to
Silvan

A sister group is PLANE -- People Lying About Needing Equipment to finish that next ww project.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Have any of you brothers seen my Stud Finder? I need to locate it, so that when I lose the replacement I'll have a backup! :)

Reply to
Bill Stock

She's over here at my house ;-) yuk yuk but seriously, my stud finder beeps and blinks... when I lose it, I just walk around swinging a tubafor.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I lost my membership card, can I still get in?

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I'll trade you a free Charter Membership in BOID for a membership in PLANE. It sounds like I need to join your group as well.

Reply to
Silvan

No, but you can borrow mine if I can find it. It's either in my son's room, out in the storage shed, or maybe on the mantle in the living room. I think.

Reply to
Silvan

Absolutely.

Reply to
Silvan

For some reason I suck at finishing. Even poly doesn't come out right. On most "in the house" projects I let SWMBO do all the finishing -- that way I know it will be acceptable. The PLANE solution is naturally a HVLP sprayer outfit. If I had a two car garage shop I'd probably already have one, but (unfortuantely ;-) there just isn't space in my one car shop. I'm finding help at FROG, Finishing Rejects Overcomers Group.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

(... because I lost the membership list ...)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

It's on its way to you as soon as I figure out where I put the forms.

Reply to
Silvan

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:25:40 GMT, "Bob Schmall" scribbled:

Me too!

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

(soon to have a link to Silvan's post)

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

And you can join the "other" group - the one that MUST use power tools:

SPONGE - Society for the Prevention of Nahmites Gettin' Everything!

Philski

Reply to
philski

Now wait just a dang minute. I'm a Charter Member of SPONGE, and I even have the jacket (because I cashed the check for $3... oops) but the SPONGE I belong to is the SOciety for the Prevention of Neanders Gettin' Everything.

What gives? Are you people ripping us off?

Reply to
Silvan

hmmmm,..... guess i should join this on too. lol

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

so many new groups so little time..... umm whats the name o that one again? hehehehe

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

lol... ill trade ya for a 9 volt battery!

skeez

Reply to
skeezics