Re: Should I re-wire for 220 volts?

You usually are, when it comes to electricity. Frequently, your errors lead you to give advice that is not only incorrect, but potentially dangerous.

I don't have to take your words out of context to make it look like you said something silly. You do a perfectly adequate job of looking silly entirely on your own, without any help from me.

You missed the point: 15A motors, regardless of what they need, are utterly irrelevant to the original poster, because he doesn't have one. So why bring it up? Like I said, so who has a 15A motor?

You want some cheese to go with that whine? You're just upset because I caught *another* instance of you giving incorrect answers to electrical questions. Quit posting bad advice, and I'll quit calling you on it.
You *don't* know what you're talking about. Someone who makes the mistake of thinking you do could wind up hurting himself.

I did read it.

And I asked you why not.

Please cite a single reputable source that supports that nonsense. Just one. Of course you won't be able to because any reputable source is in direct conflict with your distorted concept of electricity.

If you consider someone disagreeing with a completely nonsensical, unsupportable proposition being a jerk, then I'll wear the badge proudly.

It's a perfect analogy. That you don't recognsize it is an indicator that you don't understand electricity. I now believe it was you I recommended not give any electrical advice. You clearly don't have a clue about it. In fact, you are the very embodiment of why people should take advice gleaned from the internet with a huge grain of salt.

That would be fine with me. He knows what he's talking about with regard to electricity. You don't.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite