Re: ShopSmith Mark V - Any good?

If any shopsmith owners are interested, I have a 59 Magna model 710 table saw that needs a motor. This saw has a shopsmith arbor for the 1 1/4 inch adapter. This saw would be great for a shopsmith owner that needs a stand alone table saw but doesnt want to get rid of the shopsmith accessories. I will post a picture of it on abpw if anyone is intrested...

first person to columbus (Pataskala) Ohio can have it for $50 obo....

>Gee Dave, rain on my parade why don't you! Just kidding. I wouldn't >>pay $1000 for the one I have either, but I would take that for it. >>Actually, I'd take $650 for it if I'm in a good mood and you wouldn't >>have to buy anything. I'll even throw in the custom plywood 'expander' >>I made for the small table. But, the only extras are the bandsaw (with >>four almost new Timberwolf blades - one is still in the package) and the >>molding head with two sets of cutters. It still looks virtually new and >>works perfectly. If anyone (especially in Atlanta) is looking for a >>Shopsmith deal, feel free to email me. > > If it were in Pittsburgh I might take a look. The things I had to buy for > my > brother's Shopsmith were things that had apparently been left behind in a > move > some years past and included stuff like the fence (another indicator that > the > Shopsmith hadn't been used much), the drill chuck, all instructions, lathe > drive center, etc. > > $650 with a bandsaw isn't a bad deal for you folks down Atlanta way ;) > > Dave Hall
Reply to
Rick Cox