Re: Sensitized to formaldehyde/need workbench

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 00:40:31 -0400, the infamous "Bill"

He saw YOU coming, eh? <heh,heh,heh>

I recommend forgetting the acid cleaning, grinding, and epoxy paints. They're overkill. Just clean and paint.
I scraped mine down and found the concrete had already been sealed. I then mopped (paint thinner or denatured alcohol, I don't recall), let it dry, and rolled on porch paint. I've had to touch up some scuffs, where I dragged metal feet around, but it has otherwise worn really well for about 7 years now.
Anything's going to get scuffed, so just use a good grade floor/porch paint and get on with it. I spent lots of time scraping off the glued-down carpet padding, but the paint only cost me $30 or so. Mine's a 2-car shop with attached home.
wrote

By the time you get the surface prepped (90% of the work?), I'm not sure the epoxy covering is that much more difficult to apply than paint. In my case the covering will cost less than the cleaning. I've heard alot of people rave about epoxy, less so about paint. Although I've seen pictures and samples, I haven't (knowingly) seen an epoxy floor firsthand, so I can't say more.
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:23:06 -0400, the infamous "Bill"

Hey, if you spent 4x the money and lots of extra prep work on a standard paint job, you'd rave about IT, too. I like epoxy about as much as Thompsonz WaterSchmeal, and that ain't saying much.
Ask some of those ravers about repair costs sometime. (I've chiseled the info out of some who didn't repair due to the extra costs.)

I don't really like 'em. The half a dozen I've worked on have been more slippery than any paint when wet. You can sand 'em, but then they're hell to sweep.
--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight