Re: SEMI-OT - Another reason not to clean the shop

I think we're not too far from you, down Rte. 70 a ways. We finally got out today, too. We managed to do it without sawdust although that had occurred to me. But we chopped all of the ice off of our 100 ft of uphill driveway yesterday, and off of half the width of another 100' or so of the road leading down to our driveway today. Then were able to get up to the road through our development, which was only half icy, where it was in the shade, and this is a develpment in the trees. Once we got out, it seems that the rest of the local world's roads were clear and dry. No plow ever sullied our development's roads!

I'm not too far down the road either... In Honolulu... weather is a pain here, winds are from the north and there was an afternoon shower, the temp has fallen to 77 degrees... it's rough.
I grew up in Chicago and moved from there 27 years ago. I miss the snow/cold once in a while, then I go sit on the lanai for a while and enjoy my little piece of paradise.
Jack

God I hate that when it happens! Greg (from Fargo ND, 17 inches of snow last weekend, -25F today! Working outside today, on a roof top!)
(Jack)

I was in Japan last week, rain and temp in the 30's and low 40's... I survived, kinda... I'm in the eternal summer till 2006 when I retire from the Navy, to someplace where it doesn't snow...
Jack
Jack wrote:

I feel your pain.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd responds:

Spent a couple years on the windward side, many years ago, and was glad to get back to the land of seasons (though I'd have prefered returning during a less nasty season than that particular winter!).
Constant warm weather wasn't what my system was designed to handle--back then. Now, I wouldn't mind, but couldn't afford it.
Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

Spent a year on Eniwetok it's about 11 degrees north of the equator. One night during a shower the temp droped to 72 nearly froze,
Bob making sawdust in salem or
"T." wrote:

When I came back from Guam I spent 12 hours in Narita Airport in February. They were just buiding it, so no heat and 25 degrees. You gotta know I didn't own any cold weather gear. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

When I came back from Kaneohe Bay (2 year duty station--Hawaii was not considered rough duty) I had to stand bow watch on the damned ship (God knows why). By the time we got to SF, I was frozen to death, caught the flu, had to bail out (in Reno) and wait a week to heal.
Got home in late February after not being cold (except for 30 days on maneuvers at Pohakuloa [sp?] Army Base at something like 5000') for a long, long time, to find one of the roughest winters in downstate NY in decades. Spent my leave shoveling snow and helpiing my old man change the transmission on his old Ford. And then the linkage. And then the rear end. What a POS.
Long time ago. Sometimes it's hard to believe it ever happened.
Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:18:57 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

and than there was the night my shop cat got shut in the shop overnight. She didn't suffer for lack of a litter box, but now I think I better get the big pile of sawdust underneath my contractors saw picked up pretty soon.
-Dan V.
Spilled some kero in the shop yesterday while filling the heater and used the sawdust and shavings that cover the floor to soak it up. Sawdust kinda insulates the floor somewhat too and keeps my feet a little warmer. I'll clean it out in the spring.
Lots of vets here ! THANK you all for serving our country ! !
Charlie in Kentucky