Re: Scroll Knobs?

Sat, Sep 6, 2003, 9:17pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Healthy=A0Stealthy=A0;) wants to know: Hello, Does anyone know where I can purchase nice scroll knobs like on this page?

And how would I go about making my own? What kind of tools would I need? Would I save money if I made them myself?

Your link didn't work, says it can't find the page.

Make your own? What kind of tools? Yeah, why not make your own? Tools would depend in part on what kind.

Or you can go down to a hardware store, or Borg, and probably buy something similar to what they are selling for big bucks, for maybe $5. One kind looks to me like glass doorknobs, some others look like the things that go on the end of the rods that hold drapes. At thier prices, yeah I think you could save.

JOAT Failure is not an option. But it is definitely a possibility.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 6 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

A lathe, turning chisels and some wood. Oh, and some sharpening equipment to keep the turning chisels sharp. Probably need a drill press as well, but a hand drill might work if you are careful.

You will never (okay, seldom) save money doing it yourself. But, you will have a lot more fun.

Hmm, these are pretty small. Maybe if you could find a class offered nearby through a community college or woodturning club then you do this as a project in the class. That would, in theory, allow you to avoid the purchase of the tools. In reality, once you get hooked on turning then it is a long slippery slope to a Oneway lathe.

CharlesJ

Reply to
Charles Jones