RE: Screen door advice

Thanks all for the input. I will post the results when completed.

The corrugated fasteners are intruding. A few of the pre 50's travel trailers that we have owned had screen doors held together with these. It will add to the charm for me.

I'll take a list of the suggested woods to the lumber store to make my decision based on availability and cost.

Regarding cottonwood: I have only used it for carving spoons and scoops many of which we have used in our kitchen for several years with good results. I have also turned a very nice vessel from cottonwood crotch that sits on our mantel up at our northern Arizona cabin.

Thanks again,

Craig McCormick

Reply to
cm

The corrugated fasteners will be INTRIGUING, not intruding. he he need more coffee.

Reply to
cm