Re: Saga of the Sofa Table - Maggie's Drawers ...

On 9/30/2012 3:39 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5795933603582674306
(scroll right/four photos)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/6/2012 4:01 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5795933603582674306
Very nice, Two big ass honkin DT's.. Is the 1" thick stock?
Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopArtsCraftsSofaTable#5795933603582674306
But I wanted to see Maggie's Drawers.
--
G.W. Ross

If we do not succeed, we run the risk

Or how about Maggie without her drawers <g>
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails

Those are far too precise, sir. Pfffft!
Wow, thick drawers. Are those specified in the Stickley and/or A&C style, or do you just prefer a beefier drawer?
4th pic: You use really weird looking pulls in weird places, mon cher.
-- You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.' -- Charles A. Budreau
On 10/6/2012 11:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The drawer sides are 3/4", but the drawers are short and wide (2 1/2" X 12" x 22"), so it may be the camera playing tricks?
IME, 3/4" drawer side stock lets you bury a ~1/4" ply drawer bottom in a 3/8" dadoes for an overall stronger drawer of this depth and width, which will likely be used for relatively heavy silverware because of the proposed location.
The above notwithstanding, I do prefer 3/4" drawer stock for all drawers, and I do build a lot of drawers on occasion:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopEuropeanStyleKitchen201102#5679345395630273666 .
Besides, my DT jig was already setup for 3/4" drawer sides. ;)

Yeah, they're only 1/16" thick ... and cheap.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Looks good, you have to love the simplicity of the Akeeda Jig, I'm surprised they have'nt done better. I have a stock of spare parts just in case.
Mike M
On 10/7/2012 12:17 PM, Mike M wrote:

I also have an older Leigh D4 that I've just about plumb wore out down through the years.
Although I'm much more experienced on the Leigh, and still have to refer to the Akeda manual, the fact that the Akeda makes setup between uses a breeze is a big selling point. Being able to mark the locations of the fingers in a precise and repeatable manner was worth the entry fee.
I too have bought up some spare parts myself, just in case ... it's not always the better mousetrap that wins.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I figured they were either 3/4 or 1".

So these are your close ammo drawers? I see. ;)

I remember seeing that "factory" scene before. ;)

Aha! The truth finally comes out.

But -red-? I know, I know. The other colors are different thicknesses.
-- You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.' -- Charles A. Budreau
On 10/7/2012 12:45 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Sometimes it pays not to fix what ain't broke ..

Red?? Really?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Ayup. RTF card they came on, son. ;)
Handi-Shim CONSTRUCTION MADE ShimPLE
1/4" is blue 1/8" is white 1/16" is red 1/32" is green.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin
On 10/7/2012 3:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Don't need no steenking colors, Bubba. Those of us, to whom color is totally irrelevant, know how thick they are just by looking. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

<giggle>
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

I measure mine with a micrometer. It's the only way to be absolutely sure!
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 10/7/2012 3:19 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

So how thick is pink? 3/16"

REAL men don't do 3/16.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin
On 10/7/12 12:55 PM, Swingman wrote:

I doubt there's an industry standard... who knows, maybe there is. But it would cool if all manufacturers would make their shim/spacers of equal size, the same colors. I know the tile spacers I use all have size/color coordination. No matter what the shape of the spacer, all the ones of the same thickness are the same color.
--

-MIKE-

Exquisite!
--