Re: safety help please -- short cut-offs

Page 3 of 3

have brakes but mine just rolls along.
From experience the best way to do this is a bandsaw, the only way to totally avoid kick back while doing this is a bandsaw. If you do not have a bandsaw to do this with then you need to use a zero clearance insert for your blade, a cutoff fence (at least 3/4" thick) attached to your regular fence and a pushstick that is thin enough to get between the fence and the blade. A miter gauge that is true, solid and has a non slip face. An RAS or cutoff saw is not real good for this type of work unless you know what you are doing, a TS or BS are the best tools for the job. Read your manual or any good TS how to book for the proper way to set up a cutoff fence and use a SHARP, smooth running blade. The triangle thing would work if you could get the cutoffs to clear the fence but it sounds like a real rubegoldberg set up to me.

My mistake the handsaw would work as well as a bandsaw although a "little" slower, sorry I forgot about it. I tend to use more power tools when I can to increase speed. The crosscut sled would be another good choice but I still think a band saw would be better.