Re: Ryobi Cordless Drill Charger

I saw a Ryobi tool case thrown out during the city's special pickup

> last Friday night. It was hefty, so I took it home. > > When I finally opened it up today, I found a Ryobi HP62 6.0 volt > cordless drill inside. It looked absolutely brand new. I mean, really, > it looks as if it has never been used at all. All the bits save one > were there. I figured, "let's charge it up." That's when I noticed > that the wall wart in the drill case was from an AT&T answering > machine or cordless phone. The AT&T charger has a 9vac output. Hmmmm, > I wonder if that's why the drill got thrown out. > > After some searching, I found a Canon 6 vdc, 300 ma charger, probably > from an inkjet printer, that charges the battery pack, but not any too > fast. > > The proper charger for the Ryobi is a Ryobi-Ridgid part 7221001. I > don't know what its output voltage or current is. If anyone has one of > these chargers lying around, I'd like to know the specs on it. I'm > sure that in my massive collection of wall warts I have one that's > close enough. > > Thanks.

I cross-posted your request to a few woodworking and home-repair groups. Maybe someone who has a Ryobi 6-volt drill can look at the "brick" and give you the specs off it.

Good luck,

Reply to
John E.

John E. wrote: [quoting me]

Great. Thanks for that.

Reply to
Beloved Leader

There is a six volt Ryobi drill/W charger on Ebay right now.

If its the same tool, email the seller to ask the seller what the charger is rated at. I don't have an Ebay account, so I can't contact the seller.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nor do I, the reason being I have enough junk, and if I were on eBay, I'd only end up with more.

(viewing picture) Yeah, that's the one. I have friends who have an eBay account, so maybe they can ask about that.

Thanks.

Reply to
Beloved Leader

Looks like this part is carried by M&D Mower[1] and goes for $5.91. At that price, you may as well just buy a new one. I've purchased Ryobi parts from this dealer in the past, and had no problems with them.

[1]:
Michael Faurot

want to be sure it's the right one for my drill..."). (c:

Reply to
Esther & Fester Bestertester

I would trust the part number given on the exploded view documentation for this drill rather than the label on the drill.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Better get the OEM replacement for a certain match. Problem is, the specs on the charger unit specify output volts, amps and AC or DC but not the internal resistance of the unit which can vary. If you get one that seems to match but has low internal resistance, it may not properly taper off the charge at the end of the cycle leading to an overcharge and possibly battery damage. The quoted price is about as low as you are apt to find anyway.

SJF

Reply to
SJF