Re: Ryobi Cordless Drill Charger

I cross-posted your request to a few woodworking and home-repair groups. Maybe someone who has a Ryobi 6-volt drill can look at the "brick" and give you the specs off it.
Good luck,
--
John English

John E. wrote: [quoting me]

[end quoting me]

Great. Thanks for that.
Beloved Leader wrote:

There is a six volt Ryobi drill/W charger on Ebay right now.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Ryobi-6-0v-6-0-V-Cordless-Drill-Case-Charger-Kit_W0QQitemZ220108736780QQihZ012
If its the same tool, email the seller to ask the seller what the charger is rated at. I don't have an Ebay account, so I can't contact the seller.
prove it.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Nor do I, the reason being I have enough junk, and if I were on eBay, I'd only end up with more.
(viewing picture) Yeah, that's the one. I have friends who have an eBay account, so maybe they can ask about that.
Thanks.

Looks like this part is carried by M&D Mower[1] and goes for $5.91. At that price, you may as well just buy a new one. I've purchased Ryobi parts from this dealer in the past, and had no problems with them.
[1]: http://www.m-and-d.com/TTI-7221001.html

remove ".invalid".

Or just call M&D and ask them to read the specs off of the charger. ("I just want to be sure it's the right one for my drill..."). (c:
--
FBt

On Wed, 09 May 2007 17:39:39 GMT, Esther & Fester Bestertester

("I just

I would trust the part number given on the exploded view documentation for this drill rather than the label on the drill.

Better get the OEM replacement for a certain match. Problem is, the specs on the charger unit specify output volts, amps and AC or DC but not the internal resistance of the unit which can vary. If you get one that seems to match but has low internal resistance, it may not properly taper off the charge at the end of the cycle leading to an overcharge and possibly battery damage. The quoted price is about as low as you are apt to find anyway.
SJF