RE: Ryobi Black Oxide Drill Bits

Picked up this Ryobi Black Diamond drill bit set at Home Depot simply in order to have something to drill an occasional hole.
Also picked up an 18 VDC Harbor Freight drill driver.
Recently had to drill out a 5/64" hole to 1/8" in the side of a 12 mm shaft to accept a 3/32" cotter key.
Got lucky. A 1/8" drill reamed out the hole while I managed to keep the drill bit aligned with only free hand alignment.
Surprise, got the hole reamed out without breaking the bit.
My less than $50 investment for a box of drill bits and two (2) 18 VDC drill drivers served it's purpose.
Guess there is a place for low cost tools.
Lew
On 3/19/2015 7:14 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Aren't you the guy who slammed others for buying cheap tools?
--
Jeff

Lew Hodgett wrote:

---------------------------------------------------- "woodchucker" wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------- Still am when it comes to tools that are to be used on a frequent basis.
At this point in my life, tool longevity is no longer part of the cost/performance calculation.
BTW, never slammed anybody about a purchasing decision, but only that cheap tools seldom are over the long haul.
Lew
On 3/19/2015 7:14 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I had that problem on my math exam as a senior in high school in 1963. I think the answer was FALSE
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lew
On 3/19/2015 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I think Lew got it right this time.. ;~)
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LOL :)