Re: Run Your Car On Water

Eh? Sunlight is a product of nuclear fusion.

Morris Dovey

So you are saying it is all nucular? ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Tidal power is not, but without nuclear power to keep the oceans liquid, the tides would be solid earth/ice tides

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Without nukular power (from the above mentioned "some earlier star") there wouldn't be tides.

Reply to
krw

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yes, sunlight is a product of nuclear fusion as is all the other energy we are currently using on earth. The exception would be if we actually tamed nuclear fusion here on earth. Then we would have some energy that did not originate in this or some other star.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Only if the fuel is H1. Anything else would have been made by in another fusion reaction (star).

Reply to
krw

There will be tides on planets in orbit around brown dwarfs.

But without some other star, they would have no water.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

No planet.

Reply to