Re: Router lift?

Kinda on the subject....

Any thoughts on the tradeoffs between a router lift" and a routher with the top of the table adjustment feature.

I suspect the router lift option gives accuracies down around

1/1000'th of an inch and the "top of the table" adjustment gives about 1/100'th. Am I right? Is that extra accuracy needed? Heck, I'd be happy to get 1/100'th, not sure going down to 1/1000'th would make my work any better......

I have NO idea which is easier. Do you? I do know which is more expensive.

Has anyone seen the shop made router lift in the March issue of American > Woodworker? For those of you with experience with this kind of > equipment..................what do you think? Will it be as sturdy and > functional as the others on the market? Regards. -Guy
Reply to
Never Enough Money

Where it comes in real handy is like making raised cabinet doors and jointing panels, when I joint panels I use an interlocking router bit, using two offcuts from the board pass them through the router, measure the height differential and change the router height by half and the result is a board that joint easily and needs very little cleanup; in the case of a wide board a 0.01" difference is a lot of work.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall

At 10 TPI, wouldn't that be 0.1" instead of 0.01"? I liked your design. I think I'll try to implement it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Mea Culpa Bob, I did notice it but the thread seemed to be dead so I didn't make the correction.

I don't think you'll be disapointed, it has worked well for me.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall