Re: Router: Key bits

So does anyone know anything about that company that sells kits at Lowe's or HD? Forget the name it comes in a red plastic case and they have 20-some bits for about the same price. Is there a big diff bet companies WRT router bits?
Thanks
MAB

Avoid them. HD does not sell quality bits from my experience. Ed
Red plastic case at HD is Hickory brand...I think that is "Oldham" in disguise.
I have to disagree with Edwin...I thinkk the Hickory bits (1/2" shank) are as good as the CMT or Bosch bits that I have paid $25 and upwards each...to get several of them in a set for $99 is a great deal even if I never use a few of them.
And I'll finish by saying I am also a "believer" in the Oldham 10" saw blades. I've put a few through hell and can't believe anybody would pay 5 times or more for anything else.

You PREFER an Oldham blade to a WWII?? You ARE kidding, right? I've used both and would NEVER, EVER, waste my money on any Oldham blades again. I can't imagine there being a worse blade on the market.
dave