Re: Rockwell/Delta 37-600 jointer - Canadian

If people do not know about this model specifically, does anyone know about the differences between Beaver/Delta and Delta generally? Are Beaver/Delta or Rockwell machines that were made in Canada the same as the US Delta machines when the same model number is used?

So far I know that Rockwell acquired Beaver at some point and made tools in Canada under the Rockwell name.

Anyone? Anyone?

Matt

I acquired a Delta/Rockwell model 37-600 jointer, fair condition due > mostly to "gunk" build up on the tables and cutterhead and mechanism. > > I called Delta to find out the date of manufacture and to get a manual > and parts list. They referred me to Beaver/Delta because it was made > in Canada. > > Does anyone know the difference between the US made version and the > Canadian? Are they the same design and use the same parts and design > (i.e. can I easily find replacement knives and, if necessary, other > parts as easily as for a US made Delta)? > > Can anyone tell me how old the machine is? Serial No. 06213. Large > badge on front says Rockwell/Delta. Tag on side is 1" high, Rockwell > name only (no mention of Delta), red lowercase "r" logo in blue > circle, stamped with "made in Canada," model no. and serial no. > > All information appreciated. > > Matt
Reply to
tora120741