RE: Rob Sekeris

Just got off the phone with Rob, AKA: <Counterfitter>, in Sarnia, ONT.
He asked that I update the list RE: His status.
His quote: "They are done with tests".
He is pretty much taking it one day at a time and has accepted the enivitable.
He also indicated he wants to sell his stuff at a reasonable price.
Based on his comments such as he has $3-$4,000 worth of router bits, 2 HP, CNC router, camera equipment, various woodworking equipment, computer equipment, software, etc.
Somebody is going to get a fair deal.
Lew
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:27:29 AM UTC-8, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Not a great place to be. There but by the grace of God...
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

-------------------------------------------- As in terminal.
They have quit giving him tests.
As he said, hospice hasn't showed up yet. ----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------- As far as I know, nothing had been posted other that cards to the hospital web site a couple of weeks ago. -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------- It came as a surprise to me.
He had led me to believe he was gaining on it before today.
He asked me to post to the list which is what I did.
Lew
On 12/20/2012 1:00 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Very sad, he did me a huge favour a couple years ago, just out of the kindness of his heart. I will try and get in touch with him tomorrow.
--
Froz...

On 12/20/2012 12:00 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

About two weeks ago Angela, Rob's wife, asked, and for obvious reason, that any information not be made public until their daughter's first college exams were over, which was last Saturday.
Our fellow wRec'er Dave (Upscale) just sent Rob a Festool hat. This was received on Tuesday of this week from Angela (some of which I have redacted):
"Karl, would you be so kind as to let Dave know the hat arrived this morning and Rob hasn't taken it off since. It meant so very, very much to him to receive some snail mail from his Wrec friend... Please know how much all his Wrec friends mean to him."
Angela previously said she didn't mind giving their snail mail address out to friends wanting to send Rob wishes (obviously not wise to post on UseNet) so, if you don't have it already, any wRec'er who would like to do that, you can send me, Dave, or possibly Han, an email, as Han has probably been in closer contact with the family and situation than most of us.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I have been in contact with Angela somewhat. Yes, Rob is terminal. He did beat most of his cancer, and has outlasted the disease for an absolutely remarkably long time (over a year since diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer). Unfortunately, remnants of his cancer are now killing him in ways I can't go into (i.e. don't understand). Obviously Angela is heartbroken, but Rob seems to be handling it. I don't know the daughter other than from photos on FB, but she seemed very devoted to Rob. I haven't personally spoken to Rob in a very long time. I am waiting for a messgae from Angela to call, since Rob has really very bad ups and downs, and sleeps a lot. I didn't know about the tools etc, although I had been quietly wondering. And yes I have his address.
--
Best regards
Han