Re: Rigid planer question

> >I had the same problem on my planner. I adjusted the tables as per the > >manual and it helped alot but I still have the problem but to a minor > >extent. > >Sometime I have to waste the end of the board. I know that doent help, > >but just wanted to let you know u are not the only one with the > >problem. > > >Randy > >
> I haven't tried it yet, but my brother drops the adjustment on the in/out= feed > tables and uses a 6" long 1x12" clamped to the planner bed.. > He claims that he never gets snipe that way, not even when he's running a= sled > through the planner.. > > mac > > Please remove splinters before emailing

Hey thanks again for all the replies! Sounds like a fairly common problem....... But I'll give the board a try.

The "snipe" (I knew it was called something like that but couldn't remember) I get I get is nothing real serious, just annoying and something to have to sand down a bit to get rid of. I would be 100% satisfied with my Rigid Planer otherwise.

At least I know that I'm not alone on this problem!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve;

The easiest way to eliminate snipe is to cut the boards 4 to 6 inches longer than needed then after you plane the surfaces cut the snipe off the ends. Wastes a little wood but eliminates the pinch at the ends.

Dave N

Reply to
David G. Nagel

feed

The second easiest way is to glue temporary rails to the side of the piece of wood that are 6 inches longer on both ends than the good board. The snipe is then on the rail that will be discarded.

Reply to
Ray