Re: Rigid planer question

Hey thanks again for all the replies! Sounds like a fairly common problem....... But I'll give the board a try.
The "snipe" (I knew it was called something like that but couldn't remember) I get I get is nothing real serious, just annoying and something to have to sand down a bit to get rid of. I would be 100% satisfied with my Rigid Planer otherwise.
At least I know that I'm not alone on this problem!
Steve
Steve wrote:

Steve;
The easiest way to eliminate snipe is to cut the boards 4 to 6 inches longer than needed then after you plane the surfaces cut the snipe off the ends. Wastes a little wood but eliminates the pinch at the ends.
Dave N
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 23:06:33 -0500, "David G. Nagel"

The second easiest way is to glue temporary rails to the side of the piece of wood that are 6 inches longer on both ends than the good board. The snipe is then on the rail that will be discarded.