Re: RESULT: rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Page 2 of 2

I didn't vote because it IS a free country and they have the right to start a news group. If they try to alter rec.woodworking, I will definitely vote, and solicit opposing votes from as many people as I can find.
Bob
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thu, Oct 21, 2004, 8:32pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@netagw.com (Bill Aten) burbled a bunch of crap I'm not interested in, and am not gonna read: <major snippage of major crap>
Then why in the Seven Bouncing Hells are you here, if you're got your own group?
Go.
Away.
JOAT Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:29:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Seven Bouncing Hells ?
Sounds like rather a fun place !
Add pictures here
βœ–
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

So what's the problem it passed. Big deal. Does that mean everyone that knows anything about woodworking will leave this group and go over to the new one - Not Likely.
I'm relatively new to woodworking less than 2 years since I retired and although I have been messing with computers for over 20 years I have never had much need or use for newsgroups over those years. I subscribed to this one and a wine making one about 6 months ago. I will likely also subscribe to the new one at least for a while. If it proves useless I will dump it.
I joined this one because I know there are a lot of people out there with a lot of information they are willing to share and I have a lot to learn. Occasionally a topic will come up when I can help, I spent nearly 30 years in a Nuclear plant as an Industrial Electrician and Electronics technician. I took up woodworking when I retired and it is a great way to keep busy and the mind active.
I've found my newsreader - outlook express only downloads the headers so if I see an OT post that doesn't interest me I use the most important tool in my arsenal - my brain. OT political - likely some zealot who figures if we don't agree with him we are lost - pass on to the next thread. Coarse language - big deal- As a Christian I try not to use it, occasionally I do, but I have realized that if you do it's not my problem so it doesn't really bother me.
Basicily what I am saying is a new news group great. Hopefully there will be new people we can learn from or help if not it will likely die a slow death, why worry about it.
Rick
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:32:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netagw.com (Bill Aten) wrote:

Geez, I'm off the Wreck and in the shop for the last couple years, and its come to this? BTW, what happened to wood-workers.com?
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:32:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netagw.com (Bill Aten) wrote:

The new-improved, more sensitive cabal?
Add pictures here
βœ–

evil anti-cabal....
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:32:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netagw.com (Bill Aten) wrote:

Gee, the Stromboli family was sure well represented, despite a couple of stray sheep voting against the "family."
Vote fraud? Aw, no way! - - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm not shocked, I'm just wondering how they expect to keep an unmoderated group "safe for children"?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:14:34 GMT, Brian Henderson

Prayer.
Add pictures here
βœ–