Re: RESULT: rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Thu, Oct 21, 2004, 8:32pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@netagw.com (Bill=A0Aten) burbled a bunch of crap I'm not interested in, and am not gonna read:

Then why in the Seven Bouncing Hells are you here, if you're got your own group?

Go.

Away.

JOAT Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Reply to
J T

Seven Bouncing Hells ?

Sounds like rather a fun place !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

So what's the problem it passed. Big deal. Does that mean everyone that knows anything about woodworking will leave this group and go over to the new one - Not Likely.

I'm relatively new to woodworking less than 2 years since I retired and although I have been messing with computers for over 20 years I have never had much need or use for newsgroups over those years. I subscribed to this one and a wine making one about 6 months ago. I will likely also subscribe to the new one at least for a while. If it proves useless I will dump it.

I joined this one because I know there are a lot of people out there with a lot of information they are willing to share and I have a lot to learn. Occasionally a topic will come up when I can help, I spent nearly 30 years in a Nuclear plant as an Industrial Electrician and Electronics technician. I took up woodworking when I retired and it is a great way to keep busy and the mind active.

I've found my newsreader - outlook express only downloads the headers so if I see an OT post that doesn't interest me I use the most important tool in my arsenal - my brain. OT political - likely some zealot who figures if we don't agree with him we are lost - pass on to the next thread. Coarse language - big deal- As a Christian I try not to use it, occasionally I do, but I have realized that if you do it's not my problem so it doesn't really bother me.

Basicily what I am saying is a new news group great. Hopefully there will be new people we can learn from or help if not it will likely die a slow death, why worry about it.

Rick

Reply to
RKG

Geez, I'm off the Wreck and in the shop for the last couple years, and its come to this? BTW, what happened to wood-workers.com?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

The new-improved, more sensitive cabal?

Reply to
Mike

Well, there are something like 80,000 newgroups in Usenet... and I don't see why having one more will make any serious difference. Also, it is a pretty impressively small number of folks that can create one. Consider that there are thousands (if not tens of thousands) of people that read THIS newsgroup around the world...yet only 373 cared enough to vote yea or nay on this one. Remember...simply adding another group to post to does NOT mean that rec.woodworking is going to be canceled and vanish. In any case, the bottom line is that those folks that find this too difficult a forum to deal with now have another place to go. I will be interested to see if there is any traffic there at all. I have tested the waters in a number of Ford-related groups, and, found that in many, the only folks that post there are the spammers that hit ALL the groups. So...post and read there if you want to... or not...if you don't.

Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

evil anti-cabal....

Reply to
bridger

Gee, the Stromboli family was sure well represented, despite a couple of stray sheep voting against the "family."

Vote fraud? Aw, no way!

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I'm not shocked, I'm just wondering how they expect to keep an unmoderated group "safe for children"?

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Prayer.

Reply to