Re: Removing Caulk

Fein has a couple of scraper blade for the Multimaster that are designed for removing caulk. The are actually chisel like blades which you can sharpen that vibrate side-to-side and cut right through caulk. I've used it on cured polyurethane with good results.
http://www.feinus.com/multimaster/newimages/newspecialty.htm
There is also a formed blade for removing polyurethane caulk from the joints between boards, as found in wooden boat decking that they call their "Teak" blade.
http://www.feinus.com/multimaster/newimages/newcutting.htm
Phil
BUB 209 wrote:

Thanks for the tip, literally, I suppose.

Yes, a knife cutter is a popular attachment for most soldering guns. Less of a fire hazard, too. http://tinyurl.com/iu1l I have an ancient Weller with a linoleum cutter blade which would work even better for your purpose, although I can't find a source online. -- Ernie