Re: Referral $$$$$ to your employees?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

The odd C note paperclipped to the outside of one's paycheck is a nice way to say "thank you for going above and beyond."
Raises don't hurt either. Wow, I miss raises. I've had exactly the same gross income, to the penny, every year since 1999.

Raises are needed at times, but they should not be used as a reward. IMO, you are expected to do a good job and get a fair pay for it. Cost of living has to be taken into account, added responsibility deserves a raise.
A once in a while extra should get a once in a while reward, not a permanent increase. Once a raise is given, it goes on forever and is difficult to take back. Rewards are appreciated more in most cases anyway, assuming a fear wage to start with. Ed

Not me. My income fluctuates pretty wildly. But then, I work for myself. Downside of that is that I have to work for a slave-driving SOB.
snipped-for-privacy@FreshCoffee.biz http://www.freshcoffee.biz