Re: rec.woodworking Needs a Home Page...

Page 1 of 2

I just checked on availability, and the following domain names are available:
recwoodworking.us recwoodworking.info wooddorking.us 9fingerswoodworking.com/.net/.info/.us/.org
Ouch! ;-)
Greg G.
I dunno David. Some mysteries are better left unsolved.
UA100, who does have his picture somewhere on Ralph Brendler's site but lost the link a way long time ago...
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:50:08 -0400, Greg G. <> wrote:

There is no cabal.
Dave Hinz wrote:

Ahhhhhh, but there is. Of course you had to be installed there by Bennett Leeds.
UA100
IMO recwoodworking.us sounds a little exclusionary for any of our non stateside friends. We don't want slight our Canadian, Aussie, Japanese, etc.. cohorts. I would vote for rec.....info My .02                     Mark L.
Greg wrote:

Mark L. wrote:

This has a nice ring to it.... can we get 9fingerswoodworking.info ?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
Sun, Jul 18, 2004, 4:12pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (MarkL.) said: IMO recwoodworking.us sounds a little exclusionary for any of our non stateside friends. We don't want slight our Canadian, Aussie, Japanese, etc.. cohorts. I would vote for rec.....info My .02
Interesting. When I first saw that, I was thinking it would be fine. I took the "us" as meaning all of us, as in a group, no matter what country you're in. Didn't take it as meaning the States. Being as it's not caps, I'd still be willing to go along with it, if it's taken as meaning we're all of a group, no matter where we're located at. But, I've got no problem with if thatt's not satisfactory with the rest of you. Maybe it could be changed to something like rec.woodworking.all.of.us LOL
Here's the link to my home page, which has a glamour shot of me. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOAT /
For those of you who've seen it before, been major changes all around. For one, i have the contents listed on a separate page, so this is all you can get to. LMAO Used to have all the pages, cross-linked, so if you had access to one page, you had access to all. Now only one or two pages are cross-linked to another page. Makes for easier maintenance (read adding links I'm interested in), and cuts down on comments from people wanting me to change things, so it'll be easier for them to access. Hah!
Someone posted something about project, or shop, so here's the link to mine. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/STUFFMADEPAINTED /
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
I assumed .us meant the US just as .tw means Taiwan, .au means Australia, etc... If it's understood .us means us as in all of us, I say go for it. The whole idea sounds good to me.                         Mark L.
J T wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message

... and it might be detrimental to the image of those who post as if they're ten feet tall. ;>)
However, it would be interesting to see how many of us fit the "Madison Ave" image of wooddorker in those magazine Ads and TV commercials .. you know, tall, square jawed, distinguished senatorial bearing, full head of graying hair with nary one out of place, izod plaid shirt and Lands End khaki's in the shop.
On second thought, maybe we better consider just doing avatars .....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

In my case, just put up a photo of Tom Sellick. We look almost like twins. You can hardly tell us apart, but Tom has a little more hair and it is not quite as gray. Tom is a tad taller, maybe 5 or 6 inches. Tom is also a bit slimmer than I. Otherwise you can't tell us apart.
As I was saying, before I got into woodworking, I was working as a test pilot on some of the Navy carrier jets and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
not that it matters, or i'm saying it "has to be so" but i made a rec-woorworking yahoogroup for this very purpose a while ago..
it became significantly less useful when yahoo decided to make all file areas "members only". (grumble grumble grumble)
so at least something exists.
it's still good for a links depository... they havn't shut that areas off to non members. (it currently only links to my list of links...)
Note that the messages area is effectively turned off since i didn't want to draw people away from here.
ah well.. there it is.
--
be safe.
flip
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

LOL ... So you both have ten fingers, eh?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
wrote in message

Swingman writes:

Close. I have the graying hair. I hope I never have senatorial bearing. Don't wear Izod, and Land's End doesn't make a pair of britches in my waist size. Tall is relative. Got a BIL who is 5" taller than I am, but he's about 6'6".

Makes sense. I think. Meaning #3. I wouldn't do too well as a Hindu god.
Charlie Self "When you appeal to force, there's one thing you must never do - lose." Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm actually the guy in the Makita M-Force ads.
Barry
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 06:11:18 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

If we have any members who run a pro site and would give us server space, we could "buy" a domain name for (?) about 70 bucks for 2 years.
I did this site for the acoustic guitar newsgroup, it's been a lot of fun. Susan's been maintaining it for some time now, as I've been devoting spare time to ww, and don't get around there much anymore.
http://www.rmmga.org/photo /
Discuss. :)
Michael
calmly ranted:

$13 per year. I just got one for a client last month. He's hosted on another site and wanted the extra domain name, so both are linked to the physical site.
- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:44:14 -0700, Larry Jaques

domains. A great web interface/design, IMO - unusually so. All the usual disclaimers - I'm not related, blah blah blah ...
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:50:08 -0400, Greg G. wrote:
<snip>

He said, displaying his ignorance for the world to see, "What is the significance of the different suffixes (suffixi)? Different parameters of some sort? Otherwise, why would some cost more than others?"
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

In short - supply & demand. For each suffix (or TLD, top level domain) there is a main/central registrar who sets a wholesale price for other registrars and then the latter decide how they want to price at retail, as well as what features they may offer as a package. Why in NY do some people want to hold onto a 212 area code? Why do some people crave designer labels?