Re: Quick Thinking

That joke is so old it has growth rings.

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.
Pat:
An OT in the message subject line is recomended for Off Topic posts and including Humor in the message subject is nice. See my three hour earlier post "OT-Humor-Quick Thinking" for example :).
May be an old joke but it was new to me - and funny IMHO.
charlie b
True, but I don't let stuff like that bother be anymore. Tony D.

Oh yes Dear Lord whatever you do make damn sure you post in the correct format so that no one accidently reads your message and then decides it was a waste of their time. I for one enjoyed your post and got a good laugh from it. Not once did I give a rats ass about the fact that it didnt contain OT in the header. Geezus.
Jim

I'll second that.
Lighten-up people.
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.

"James D Kountz" < snipped-for-privacy@citlink.net> wrote in message
Damn this group is getting so sensitive. I guess I should have put in more smiley face and winking smile emoticons to clearly show how far my tongue was poking out my cheek.
To quote one respondent - LIGHTEN UP! That's why I posted the joke - before the guy who failed to put OT and Humor in the subject line :) 8>O :o)
charlie b
BTW - a lady friend in Austin - Texas that is - sent me the joke and she wasn't offended by the punch line.
Damn, I'm sorry Charlie, I didn't get you were joking. Missed that one altogether. I apologize completely. (extends hand for handshake). What I need to do is get the hell out of this house, been frozen in now for 4 days!!!!!!!
Jim

What I am offended by is that there are NO caps in your name ... just who the hell do you think you are posting like that??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/23/04

e.e.cummings grandnephew, maybe?
Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

a roach by any other name would smell?
for those who aren't familiar with the reference, the story is about a roach that uses a typewriter after the humans have gone home. he doesn't have enough weight to press down the "shift" key so everything he types is in lower case. this won't make any sense to those who never used a manual typewriter. i'm sure they're also wondering why it's called the "return" key. probably don't know why we're using qwerty keyboard layouts either.
on a related note - anyone know the angles on a cunieform (sp?) stylus?
Charlie B (ok?)
"charlie b" wrote in message

You apparently didn't scroll down far enough.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/23/04

22 degrees.
Next question?
brought forth from the murky depths:

MUST READ! http://www.gvsu.edu/english/cummings/caps.htm

how'd you get those double quotes, meester roach/

It's "ie" in cutieform (see Alberto Vargas; that man knew how to paint, wot?), but in cuneiform, it's "ei" and the angles are about yea " ".
They look to be 30 and 45 from the pics at http://www.upenn.edu/museum/Games/cuneiform.html

There, ya done blew your mystique. Now we KNOW you have both a shift key -and- a warehouse full of caps.
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================

archibald tells me my real name is e.e. cummings.
It's still funny.
Preston