Re: Purchased without proper consent

Page 1 of 2

Guy is an idiot. Every one knows that then you wife says "Fine" or "Do what ever the f***" you want, it means you better not do it.
Guy is an idiot. Every one knows that then you wife says "Fine" or "Do what ever the f***" you want, it means you better not do it.
-----
Ayuup...
K.

My son did about the same thing. He had been talking to his wife about buying a Harley.... I guess trying to talk her in to it. He knew better because he waited until she went out of town (to see her parents) to buy it. He only had it about six months. My wife and I got a big kick out of the whole thing.
Mike O.
Leon wrote:

Hmmmm you can tell who's the king of their palace. Just what I need a wife that treats me like a child. She knows better! I don't tell her what to do and she better not tell me what I can and can't do. As long as I don't break the law or hurt her physically or emotionally. If I want a Harley I don't need her permission. Matter of fact I have 3 and she rides one.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Some people are not financially situated to own 3 Harleys. Then there are those that think they can afford one Harley, and buy it without the wife's blessing, (slight difference between blessing, and permission), and drain money needed for supporting the family household. Some guys get married, get mama pregnant, and still want to run around like they did in high school with no regard to their responsibilities. These guys need a woman that holds the reigns tight!
I am fairly fortunate, my wife and I talk before any large purchase is made, not necessarily looking for permission, but just more of a consultation. My wife has never refused me in any of my purchases, but then I am fairly cheep, and don't spend money I don't have. I have a shop full of nice tools, and a Harley Ultra Classic which I bought new, all with her blessings. It is amazing what you can get out of a marriage if you just threat SWMBO with respect. \Greg

Was that a Freudian slip there?
--
Regards,

I wondered if anyone would catch that!! Greg

Seriously, though -- I knew what you meant, and you're absolutely right.
--
Regards,

Just like the saying, "As long as mama is happy, everyone is happy!" I feel for the guys that can not grasp the concept! Although there are those women that nobody can please. Then I feel sorry for the saps that married them! It takes very little to keep my wife happy, and about the same for me, 'cuz mama is happy! Greg

Interesting perspective on how little it takes to keep your wife happy. I wonder if she is happy with little or just accepts her lot in life. I was married to a woman that was difficult to please. I didn't think I was a sap. Should have married someone that was easy to please. Wouldn't have had to try.

Probably a little of both. We spend more time enjoying life, than fighting it! Greg

In my case, it's simply a woman who's happy with _herself_.
She doesn't care what others have, do, drive, etc...
I dated several women who were difficult to please, so I ditched them and held out until I found one that wasn't. A person who isn't happy in their own skin will never have "enough".
I do sappy things like pick flowers for her in the woods, leave her silly voice mails, and write silly messages on packages UPS delivers for her. <G>

Those are not sappy things. Sounds like you are a man that appreciates a woman.
"Greg O" wrote

^^^^
LOL ... love it!
(Hope that was you being clever and not your speel cheker!) :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

That anything like rodeo sex?
Dave in Houston
"Dave in Houston" wrote

.... and hopefully with the reigning rodeo queen! ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

LOL! Sorry,just my spell checker taking over, and me not looking close enough before hitting the change button! Greg
Greg O wrote:

I'm not an idiot. I was a bit crazy when younger, like most. But when I got married I settled down and started a construction company and raised my kids. When they grew up and I retired and sold my company it was time for ME! Up to that point I was a responsible husband. Now I have reverted back to my High School mode, hahaha. Think it's a (Alzheimer) thing, need help with spelling it though.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Nice man.

Well if you were really in charge, you would only have 2 and would not have to take her with you. ;~)