Re: Puppies for Power tools... Revisited (long)

breading dogs is like woodworking, don't ever expect to make any money at it, unless you really get into it, and get lucky, really lucky. most dog breeders are like woodworker, they do it because they like it

Reply to
Richard Clements

After you bread the dogs do you deep fry them?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Don't you know _anything_?? dog is usually prepared in a wok.

Seriously, though, cornbread mix (dry powder) makes a pretty good coat treatment for shorter-haired dogs. Rub it in, comb/brush it out (or vacuum, if they'll stand for taht). Works a lot like "sweeping compound"; is quite effective at reducing that 'doggy smell".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Hence the term - Wok the dog?

Vic Baron

We used to have a Norwegian Elkhound that loved to be vacuumed. Every spring, she would shed her fluffy inner coat and my Mom would vacuum her, and then retrieve the BIG load of hair and put it in the back yard for the birds. Made a nice nest.

To the OP

Next time tell her that first, before buying the dogs, you need to buy the tools *first* so you can make dog houses. Then you can sell the doghouses to make money for the dogs. I'm sure you could stretch that out for quite a while. . Rob

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

Yeah, the thing is though that it feels like it almost worked. Three things went wrong. There were 7 instead of 10 (we've heard stories of

14!), my MIL claimed three, and the boy dog's surgery. Had one of those things not happened, we would have made money. What we should have done is not gotten the boy dog and found a stud somewhere. I wasn't really taking the whole thing seriously anyway. This was more like she gets a dog and approves of the power tool purchases.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

On 23 Mar 2005 08:20:11 -0800, the inscrutable "brianlanning" spake:

You LIKED:

The incessant whining and barking noises. The intolerable smells. The constant cleanup. The costs of feeding and care. That -ungodly- night of birth?

A phrase from Pink Floyd comes to mind: "comfortably numb".

or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications ========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques