Re: Precision is a kick - a newbies's report & thanks

Good for you Igor, and I am glad things are going well for

Thanks. Yes, I had seen one at Lee Valley - http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page2529&category=1,43513&ccurrency=3&SID $56 for a dedicated height dial indicator. Though unlike mine, it can tell you how high the first set is, not just deltas.

Whoops. Somehow I didn't see your post until today, No, I didn't notice that. Now I'll look -- good "tip".

Something I realize I need to do too.
As a newbie, I thought "Just how hard can it be to cut something square?" and "Surely 89.5 degrees is close enough to 90!"
Wow - about 8 hours into my first piece of "try-to-make-something-nice-enough-to-bring-inside" furniture, I found out how important precision (and accuracy) is!
Thanks for the Giz link. I'll order that too.
<<snip>>

me
Nice post, Igor...but the Trojan comment might have been a little more info than we needed.
:)
Mike