Re: Poly

It is more than likely good. I've also found that somewhat dried out but still gooey poly is terrific for thick coatings on exterior fenceposts.
Michael

Not for me, especially if it had been opened.

Easy answer....What is the cost of the poly and what is the value of what you want to use it on?
Regards, Lewis
--
The price of gas in Texas has gone so high that women who want to run over

their husbands have started carpooling.
Yeah you're right. Looks like I am off to HD.

Lewis Dodd wrote:

Yeah, that's a very good and fair answer.
I would say for some snazzy something I just spent two weeks building, no way. For a walking stick, it's probably still good. I've used pre-opened poly a lot older than that in situations where the quality of the finish wasn't that important.
So if it were me, I wouldn't just toss it. Then again, I'm a cheapskate, and a pack rat. I never throw away anything I might conceivably use for something some day.
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:58:11 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"

Test ANY questionable finish material on scrap.
Barry