Re: Poly

It is more than likely good. I've also found that somewhat dried out but still gooey poly is terrific for thick coatings on exterior fenceposts.

Michael

Hi All, > > Anyone know if 1 year old minwax poly that was out in a garage > is still good? It was opened once or twice and it was subjected to freezing > temps since the garage isnt heated. > > Thanks, > > Sam > >
Reply to
Herman Family

Not for me, especially if it had been opened.

Reply to
George

Easy answer....What is the cost of the poly and what is the value of what you want to use it on?

Regards, Lewis

Reply to
Lewis Dodd

Test ANY questionable finish material on scrap.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Yeah you're right. Looks like I am off to HD.

Reply to
Sam Hopkins

Yeah, that's a very good and fair answer.

I would say for some snazzy something I just spent two weeks building, no way. For a walking stick, it's probably still good. I've used pre-opened poly a lot older than that in situations where the quality of the finish wasn't that important.

So if it were me, I wouldn't just toss it. Then again, I'm a cheapskate, and a pack rat. I never throw away anything I might conceivably use for something some day.

Reply to
Silvan