Re: Please help - illegal working in US

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 04:02:47 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
| Tucson now has the dubious distinction of having the |: highest crime rate in the country | | |You've said this before, and I doubt it's true. We in Tucson have the |highest car theft rate in the US (medium-sized city; Republican-driven |budget, so small police force and weak bordr patrol; affluent population |and proximity to Mexico). But overall crime rate? Come on -- you really |think we have a higher crime rate than LA, Detroit, D.C., or other major |cities? | |Citations please.
Certainly.
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/Tools/PrintFriendly?url=%2Fgbase%2Fcurrents%2FContent%3Foid%3Doid%253A55200 |
U.S. stats : http://www.city-data.com /
Top 100 Cities with Highest Percentage of Foreign-Born Residents (pop. 5000+) #1 Sweetwater Fla. 74.9% City-data.com crime index = 240.5 (higher means more crime, US average 330.6)
Top 100 High-Educated but Low-Earning Cities (pop. 5000+) #1 Stanford, California ($41,106, 94.6%)
Top 100 Low-Educated but High-Earning Cities (pop. 5000+) #1 Union Beach, New Jersey ($59,946, 8.5%)
Top 100 Least-Educated Cities (pop. 5000+) #52 South Tucson, Arizona (3.7% bachelor+, 41.1% high school+)
Top 100 Least-Safe Cities (Highest City-data.com crime index) (pop. 5000+) #1 Markham, Illinois (2405.7) #18 South Tucson, Arizona (1100.0)
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work
Ref:
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_02/html/web/offreported/02-table06TUV.html
According to the FBI's 2002 data (latest complete data) the crime index for Tucson is 7542/100,000 population.
Detroit is 4298/100,000
Washington DC is 4047/100,000
Los Angeles is 3998/100,000 and
NYC is 2973/100,000
I haven't scanned the whole database but I see that Topeka is 7355/100,000, giving Tucson a run for it.
Furthermore, the City of Tucson now considers petty thefts such as drive-away gas theft, convenience store "beer runs" and many other such crimes as "non-criminal". As such they will not investigate and the best you can expect is a postcard to send in to get a case number for your insurance claim.
In effect, crime has been "de-criminalized" pretty much like Bush wants to do with illegal aliens. Too bad he won't do it with drugs; a much more worthwhile endeavor.
Andrew Barss wrote:

The property crime rate for Tucson is higher than LA, Detroit and D.C.. Tucson's violent crime rate is less than any of the three.
|Wes Stewart wrote: | |> So relax and enjoy your stay. After all, it's a "free" country! | | Well, I appreciate your sarcasm, but the fact is that it is a shame |that the US has no skilled immigration program (unlike Canada and |Australia). So, here in Europe, there's a bunch of white, young, |well-educated, English-speaking professionals who would like to move to |the US but are stuck due to the silly immigration process that basically |is a nightmare unless you are a poor un-educated, un-skilled, |Spanish-speaking Mexican farmworker with relatives already in the |country. | | So, it's up to the American public to decide what kind of people they |want to let in. So far, they seem to prefer Mexicans, Pakis, Indians, |etc, etc rather than Europeans.
No... I would prefer that our immigrations laws would be enforced *exactly* as written. The current view is that *reform* is needed, suggesting that something is broken. The only thing not working is enforcement. Those who choose to play by the rules should know that they have a fair chance (whatever the odds) to immigrate. The current *system* is counter to what this country is supposed to stand for: the rule of law. The way it works now is that if you enter illegally, you have a better than good chance that you're in for good.
As a member of the public that sees his way of live degraded on a daily basis by the flood of illegals, I *have* decided what kind of people I want to be let in, and it isn't the ones that are getting in now. | | Well, sorry dude, from my point of view, US immigration system sucks.
May I offer a suggestion. Go to Canada or Australia.
Wes