re planer/joiner

So I purchased a new woodworking book today, and they detail the use of

> a combination planer/ jointer. Do these exist still? Or rather are they > still being made? Are they worth the purchase price? I am trying to > figure out a way to only buy one of these toys as the basement is > growing smaller with each week, but think I ultimately need both...

I have a Makita planer joiner [ model 2030] that I would like to get rid of . A super machine with an independant long bed 6" joiner and 12 " planer on a common base .

I used this machine on a daily basis un0til I got an 8" grizzele guts joiner and a 20" planer . the makita joiner actually has a longer bed than the 8" joiner.

the infeed /outfeed rollers need resurfacing, which can be done by most printing machine roller surfacing companies, cost is in the region of $200. mjh

Reply to
mike hide

Dave Miller

Reply to