T. wrote:

Hee... I don't have the patience for that stuff like I used to, but maybe I'll get my boy to make me a Tux, now that he has that inspiration.
I thought I had a "lot" of Legos when I was a kid. Being forward thinking, I saved them all for the children I figured I'd have some day. When I judged him old enough to receive them, I got them out and realized I used to make do with practically nothing.
The boy has about 100 times more Legos than I ever did.
A lot of my generation's children are spoiled rotten like that. That's why we're the broke generation.
I wonder what changed? Better marketing? Easy credit? A mass reaction to growing up having to make do with duct tape and cardboard because our parents couldn't afford to buy real toys very often?
We weren't actually poor when I was a kid. I didn't have much because Dad was putting money in the bank left and right.
There's a lesson in there somewhere, isn't there? A lesson my entire generation seems to have forgotten.
See what you started?
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan <>