Re: Palgrem jointer?

wrote:

OK, I went to Sears and looked at the jointer there. Now I have to ask - is the fit'n'finish normally pretty awful, or is this one a beat-to-death floor model? In particular, the bottom of this example's fence was so not straight that the infeed wouldn't rise up to a 0 cut level. The infeed-end of the fence stuck down so much it hit the bed, preventing it from rising. Is this typical?
Thanks, A
Avraham responds:

beat-to-death floor model? In particular, the bottom of this example's fence was so not straight that the infeed wouldn't rise up to a 0 cut level. The infeed-end of the fence stuck down so much it hit the bed, preventing it from rising. Is this typical<<
I'm inclined to doubt it is typical. It is certainly not the case with mine.