Re: Palgrem jointer?

Leon replies:

>is pretty good and unique. IIRC Sears sells a combination belt, disk, >spindle sander that is identical to the one that Palmgren makes, so it >too >is probably made by Palmgren.>> > >Then the benchtop jointer is pretty good--I've got the Craftsman >version, and it is heavy, stable and cuts cleanly. Much more cast iron >than you'd expect in a benchtop tool.

OK, I went to Sears and looked at the jointer there. Now I have to ask - is the fit'n'finish normally pretty awful, or is this one a beat-to-death floor model? In particular, the bottom of this example's fence was so not straight that the infeed wouldn't rise up to a 0 cut level. The infeed-end of the fence stuck down so much it hit the bed, preventing it from rising. Is this typical?

Thanks, A

Reply to
Avraham

Avraham responds:

ask - is the fit'n'finish normally pretty awful, or is this one a beat-to-death floor model? In particular, the bottom of this example's fence was so not straight that the infeed wouldn't rise up to a 0 cut level. The infeed-end of the fence stuck down so much it hit the bed, preventing it from rising. Is this typical

Reply to
Charlie Self