Re: Painting teak

Funny but I have never seen the words paint and teak in the same sentence before ....mjh
-- mike hide

the
not

I hate teak. I grew up in a house full of "Danish modern" and I hate, hate it. If I had my way, ALL teak would be painted -- except for the stuff outside which looks nice as it weathers. Sorry, doesn't answer the OP's question -- and I'm interested since a neighbor, moving out, left me (w/o asking) 4 kitchen chairs made from teak. It's paint or death-by-garage sale for all 4.
SEND THEM TO ME !!!
I'll give them a decent 'burial at sea' . . . deck hand-holds, deck hardware plates, trim, etc.
Just knock'em apart & I'll even pay shipping.
Regards & Thanks, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop
SNIP a neighbor, moving out, left me (w/o asking) 4 kitchen chairs made from teak. It's paint or death-by-garage sale for all 4.