Re: Outside window trim???

Poplar.

have to replace the sills too....

No way, if I read this right, and this is exterior trim. Poplar will rot like a son-of-a-bitch!
Nearly all door and window trim is pine, some comes pre-primed and you paint it. I suspect that you can special order some of the plastic coated trim (like what goes around windows made of this stuff). I've not looked to see if the same manufactured material used on some decks is available as trim - seems like a logical thing.
Woodchip