Re: OT: What to do with old vacuum?

Have you ever noticed about vacuums, whether cheap or expensive, they

> just plain SUCK !

Yours came with LIPS...????

Reply to
Leon

Welllll.... some time back, my parents did exactly what you did, for exactly the same reasons (noisy bearings, poor suction). I told them not to throw the old one away, that I'd take it. Twenty dollars and four hours later, I had replaced the bad bearings and worn brushes, and it ran like a champ.

That was fourteen years ago. I'm still using that vacuum.

Soooooo..... if you don't want to fix it, maybe you have a buddy who will.

Doug Miller

Phil Crow spaketh...

Ahhh, weedhopper, I suggest throwing a rope around the vacuum, tying off to a pickup truck and going for rides on the vacuum (vacuum cleaner surfing). Get at least a six-pack deep first and call us from the hospital .

Reply to
McQualude

Couldn't have said it better myself. Gotta *try* to see what's wrong, even if it just turns out to be an autopsy.

My son is the same way. Does me proud. He came trotting in one day and proudly announced that the drive gear in one of his Thomas the Tank Engine trains had come off the shaft (or similar), and that he had taken it apart and fixed it. My heart grew three sizes that day. :)

Reply to
Silvan

It's one of the attachments in the box, Leon . . . (sheesh!)

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara