Re: OT - THE COUNTER ON MY WEB PAGE

T. wrote in rec.woodworking

JOAT, why don't you go to bravenet.com and you can get a free counter that will update the count each time someone visits you page by itself. They also have other free goodies for you web page like guest books and the like. Just a thought, cause I know alot more than 3 people have dropped by for a looksee.
BigDog
--
To E-mail me, you know what to do.

All of your guestbook links are .wav files! So how do we tell you we were there unless we tell you here!

BigDog wrote:

[snip of troll bait]

Boy you sure know how to take all the fun out of a goofy web page. Now go to your room and don't come out until you have learned to obey Mr. T.     mahalo, :-)     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote in rec.woodworking

I'm going, I'm going. And I aint comin out till dinner. I hope Mr.T can pitty this fool. 8)
BigDog
--
To E-mail me, you know what to do.

T. wrote:

I'm too lazy to dial the modem right now, JOAT, but you can increment the counter by one, seein' 's how you're the webmaster, and I'm telling you right now that I saw your funky yellow sled in all its digital glory, plus them goofy thanksgiving critters you spent a month training.
JOAT responds:

Change it to 7. I've been there 3 times.
Charlie Self
"Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." H. L. Mencken
"T." wrote:

Nope, just about all the links at the bottom of the page still point to wave files, including the "SIGN MY GUESTBOOK" link.
brought forth from the murky depths:

Check for a missing " or > at the end of the link it points to. BTDT.
========================================================= CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

I don't believe you. If you wanted an accurate record you'd get an accurate counter.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:32:40 GMT, Dave Balderstone

You are hereby now nominated as JOAT's accurate counter. Anyone who accesses JOAT's page must now tell Dave so he can keep an accurate count. I just went to his page to check out his new bank project idea, so please add one. :-)
I respectfully decline that nomination.
There are plenty of free counters available. If T really wanted to know how many people are visiting his site, he could easily set one up.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Dave Balderstone announces:

Of course he could. That's not the point.
How many legs could he yank if it worked as you expected it to work?
Charlie Self
"Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." H. L. Mencken
I *think* I can parse that sentence...
Lately I'm losing the ability to tell when he's yankin' and when he ain't.
Time to step away from the keyboard and get back to making SWMBO's entertainment cabinet and coffee table, methinks.
djb