Re: OT: Small Slab Removal

    I removed two edges (10-40 inch wide and 0- 12inch wide wedges) on my patio last year. One can make a reasonable cut with a normal circular saw and a cheap diamond ( ~$20) blade. After a couple of passes you can get 2-2.5 inches deep, flooding with water after each pass. With luck you might get through the rebar.
    If possible dig along side your slab and under it ( A pick axe works well for this) to give the concrete somewhere to move. Then a sledge hammer will make quick work of it. I had access to a 1" rotary hammer, and the sledge was much faster. If you do use the rotary hammer, try removing a few inches at a time.
Thanks Roger Haar