Re: OT: Rant A.B.P.W.

Anyone else have an ISP thats so anal about disk space that they clear abpw

> 4 times daily. I've have posts that get cleared as fat as I post 'em. (And > yes I resize them down to small files before posting)

Get yourself an account at supernews.com.

They have a fantastic retention rate.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sounds like some of our anniversary "presents". Just don't do something stupid like I did on our first married Christmas . . . She was 5mo. preggy and I got her an enamel roaster and a cast iron frying pan. I think she cried for an hour, and no, I didn't wear the frying pan, but it was close.

You've got a good start, but ya git bragging rights when you survive everything that happens and get closer to the 50 mark(45th coming up this year).

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

A lot of women tend to get more practical when you're buying them birthday presents and such with 'our' money.

That's one of the nice things about having a hobby like jewelry making. You can offer her pretties that she'll like that had only a few bucks in materials cost. Plus you get the fun of making them. It's a win all the way around.

Marriage is like having fine hand tools -- say a set of handmade Japanese chisels or a Lie Nielsen plane -- you've got to be willing to work at maintaining them, but damn! it's worth the trouble.

(And just to add some woodworking content: What sorts of really romantic gifts can woodworkers make for Significant Others?)

rcook5

We've been married going on 18 years now, 2nd time around for both of us, her first lasted 2 years, my first lasted 15. I'm a nurse, I seen naked people all day long and most of my friends are women. She doesn't worry about my behavior when i really could do something stupid, catching me checking out the wood on a wanker site wouldn't worry her much.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Good point! I'll post through my throw-away acct, isn't that how it's supposed to be done?

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

"Skinny" often comes with the "petite" territory, but I prefer a bit of padding. Only a bit, mind you, and less than I carry. Holly Hunter is a hottie.

Reply to
Larry Jaques