Re: OT: Rant A.B.P.W.

Get yourself an account at supernews.com.
They have a fantastic retention rate.
djb
<snip>

Sounds like some of our anniversary "presents". Just don't do something stupid like I did on our first married Christmas . . . She was 5mo. preggy and I got her an enamel roaster and a cast iron frying pan. I think she cried for an hour, and no, I didn't wear the frying pan, but it was close.
You've got a good start, but ya git bragging rights when you survive everything that happens and get closer to the 50 mark(45th coming up this year).
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

A lot of women tend to get more practical when you're buying them birthday presents and such with 'our' money.

That's one of the nice things about having a hobby like jewelry making. You can offer her pretties that she'll like that had only a few bucks in materials cost. Plus you get the fun of making them. It's a win all the way around.

Marriage is like having fine hand tools -- say a set of handmade Japanese chisels or a Lie Nielsen plane -- you've got to be willing to work at maintaining them, but damn! it's worth the trouble.
(And just to add some woodworking content: What sorts of really romantic gifts can woodworkers make for Significant Others?)
Mark & Juanita wrote:

We've been married going on 18 years now, 2nd time around for both of us, her first lasted 2 years, my first lasted 15. I'm a nurse, I seen naked people all day long and most of my friends are women. She doesn't worry about my behavior when i really could do something stupid, catching me checking out the wood on a wanker site wouldn't worry her much.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

Good point! I'll post through my throw-away acct, isn't that how it's supposed to be done?
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
I said:

"Skinny" often comes with the "petite" territory, but I prefer a bit of padding. Only a bit, mind you, and less than I carry. <g> Holly Hunter is a hottie.
--
EAT SOYLENT McD!