Re: OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

Page 3 of 8
Silvan writes:

Yeah, well. When I was even younger, I worked in a service station/garage, and I was the guy whoo got to clean the restrooms. Always had to work up my nerve to even go in the ladies' room after my second week. I won't describe it, because nearly 50 years later, it can make me gag.
No rhyme, no reason, but nasty.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
> Silvan writes: > > >Charlie Self wrote: > > > >> Reminds of the times when I was young, stupid and single. Hang out in > >> honky tonks. Go in the john and be damned glad you were wearing high > >> heeled boots--and wish the soles were thicker. > > > >You should have tried the *ladies* room. > > > >I used to think women were neater until I worked in a honky tonk. Sure, the > >men's room would have newspapers stuck to the floor with piss, but that was > >*nothing*. > > Yeah, well. When I was even younger, I worked in a service station/garage, and > I was the guy whoo got to clean the restrooms. Always had to work up my nerve > to even go in the ladies' room after my second week. I won't describe it, > because nearly 50 years later, it can make me gag. > > No rhyme, no reason, but nasty. > I'm still trying to deal with the visual of you in high heels, Charlie.
B.
Buddy Matlosz notes:

Honky tonks. Cowboy boots? At least I didn't often wear roper heels. Those suckers can kill you on a dance floor.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
Charlie Self wrote:

Yes. No rhyme, no reason, but *nasty*!
So much for the image of women as delicate little flowers.
On 5 Jan 2004 11:21:29 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

HEAVY SNIP

Not sure what you mean.

I even saw a "bar" in the room where you inserted your card key to register the purchase and pulled a lever to get one of four brands of beer, 5 types of hard booze (scotch, blend, gin, bourbon and vodka) and assorted mixers.

Not teens, but MANY times adults with the container badly hidden with a wrapped brown bag.

Sports stadiums, bowling alleys, golf courses, festivals, concerts, come immediately to mind. Then there is the almost universal over-looking of street drinking as long as they container is "shrouded."

And how much more time you'll have to teach woodworking to your grandkids.
(I was a 2-1/2 pack-a-day man until I quit in my 30's. That was 20 or so years ago and I've never looked back. No grandkids yet but I'm looking forward to the time I'll spend with them in the shop when they arrive.)
On 01 Jan 2004 19:07:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Charlie Self wrote:

Holes in things aren't a real problem. The smell isn't really an issue either. It just masks the unwholesome dog smells.
What I don't like is thinking back to all those biology text books showing pictures of lungs dripping with black goo, and thinking that my lungs look like that now.
Know where I can get a Round Tuit?

They're filed next to the square ones. On the shelf below the "one-its", and above the "three-its".
*chortle*
Robert Bonomi wrote:

OK, well, I've looked, and I can't find any tuits at all. Does the BORG carry them, or do I have to do mail order?

As I understand it, they're on back-order.
That means they won't be on display, _until_ they get
{wait for it}
{just a little more}
{just a little more}
a round toit.

Robert Bonomi wrote:

*THWHACK*
Another errant thought. When I could still count my age on my fingers, my favorite books were a series of "Uncle Wiggily" books about a kindly old rabbit. Anyone else remember those?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm says...

Was that the Bre'r Rabbit series?
snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com says...

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php
-- Howard Lee Harkness Texas Certified Concealed Handgun Instructor www.CHL-TX.com snipped-for-privacy@CHL-TX.com Low-cost Domain Registration and Hosting! www.Texas-Domains.com

Badda-bing!
Great link!
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

remember what sort of critter she was, though. Muskrat, maybe? And of course his two nemeses, the Skeezics and the Pipseseewah, who were always scheming to do him in.
My grandparents had the entire series. My cousins and I grew up reading those stories. Loved 'em. I wonder if they're still in print.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

characters.
I also had the complete set. Gave them to my kids, then got divorced. After many years of no contact, I recently asked one of them if she had the books - she didn't even remember them.
And I don't think they are in print, but there is a rock band named Uncle Wiggily :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

"Silvan" wrote

Sure, http://www.wooden-nickel.com/specials/generic/ $18.00 per pound (about 160 of the little buggers).
HTH
Rick
Rick wrote:

LMAO!! I should buy some of those just for their value as gag gifts. :)