Re: OT - Odd latex paint problem...

On

Oils and salts from your skin is reacting to the paint. Try a some denatured alcohol on a small spot and wait a day or so to see if that clears up the tackiness.
Or leave ir all alone and cover that area with a thin backed cloth covered material with or without padding..
And try not to lean on the paint.
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 01:14:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Howdy,
You are no doubt correct on all counts, and I have tried the alcohol already.
Repainting the area would be trivial, but would there be anything that I should be doing by way of prep?
I doubt that new paint could stick to the paint I have in its present condition.
Many thanks,
--
Kenneth

Kenneth wrote:

Take off the old paint. How? Paint remover if it won't just scrape off.
--

dadiOH