Re: OT-National Security

I hear you, Jums.
There's some guys I'd trust with my lunch. There's a few guys I'd trust with my wife. There's just about no guys I'd trust standing next to me on the range while they're practicing draws, unless we had a nice metal barrier between us.
The range I usually go to is outdoors and has no individual cages. Guys who want to draw and shoot are segregated behind a berm from the rest of the range. I wouldn't go there with my best friend.
But, I do go there when I'm the only one around.
Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
My wife and I used to shoot at a range in Plano where we could practice this.
The problem with the Texas CHL is that once you have it you can't carry in a manner that lets anyone else see your weapon.
My problem is that my wife shoots a much tighter pattern than I do on a silhouette target. Scary.
Phil
Jim Mc Namara wrote:

A few years back, one of the TV news-magazine shows ran a story of a robber who, while robbing a convenience store, got into a discussion of guns with the clerk. The clerk told the guy that his gun was a collector's item and offered to buy it from him for cash. The robber agreed, at which point the clerk had the guy wait for the cops to arrive. :-)
Mark & Juanita write:

Not quite, but too close. Yet they leave you with pencils, pens and similar tools, as well as magazines, all of which can make superb, and deadly, weapons.
Charlie Self
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child." Dan Quayle
snipped-for-privacy@aol.combleah (Charlie Self) wrote:

I tend to think my samsonite brief case, filled with books and a laptop makes a great shield and something to swing at a bad guy.
This paranoid action by the government to confiscate fingernail clippers, rifle brass in folded flags, and GI joe's plastic rifle is nuts. It scares the hell of out me that our society accepts this mindless bravo siera. I truely believe that an armed society is a polite society. Agressors fear victims that can mount an effective defence. How often do police departments get shot up by nutcases over shootings in weapon free zones?
I thought the button idea where a poll on how many passengers think the a/c is being hi-jacked gets sent electronically to the faa was a non-violent way to fight back. It also might be a way to take some of the attractiveness of hijacking a plane off the table as far as terrorism.
A bit later, I thought that maybe the idea could be used to vector the a/c to a safe point to sort things out. We do have the technology to do that. It keeps the USAF from shooting it down immediately over a mass mis-understanding.
The question now is, is it more dangerous to have an a/c that can be told to fly somewhere against the wish of whoever pilots it (good guys or bad) than to have a plane full of people at the mercy of some bad guys that managed to get into that hardened cockpit and plan to fly it into something we would rather not be hit.
Wes