Re: OT: Modern Man

I've started a series of turnings representing cliches. Your post is a gold mine of ideas. Leave it to Carlin. thanks!

Lately, in the shop, we've been deliberately mixing up old sayings. We end up with stuff like "The grass is always greener just before the dawn." or "We'll cross that bridge like a bull in a china shop."
....juvenile, I know...but it does get funny sometimes..
Robatoy wrote:

On our jobsites, we have ethnic days. Everyone must speak with the accent of the selected ethnicity. We do german, italian, pakistani, chinese, french, mexican and (my personal favorite) Scotty from Startrek.
Sample conversation:
Grrab thet wall and we'll set it in place.
Aye, captain!
Push!
I'm giving it all shes got, captain!
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robatoy wrote:

You can drive a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

The grass is always greener before it gets pooped-on.
'The grass is always greener over the cesspool' - Erma Bombeck

the mind is a terrible thing, ross
Ron Magen wrote:

I hate to nitpick, but it's "The grass is always greener over the septic tank".

--John
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:08:36 -0500, "J. Clarke"

due to the shallow depth of the soil before the concrete lid. The grass is, however, greener over the drainfield. The easiest way to find your septic tank is to stop watering your lawn for a week or so in the middle of summer and look for the brown circle or rectangle.
Not that this is really relevant to this oh so important thread....
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Definition of a teenager: God's punishment for enjoying sex.

if it's to be, it's up to me. ross

Still, thanks for all the fish.
-Zz

John hates to nitpick.
Right.

Is a bear Catholic?
Does the Pope, er, never mind.
--
FF

How about "It's always darkest just before it's pitch black"
By Mao, I've heard.
-Zz
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 06:54:33 -0800 (PST), Robatoy