Re: OT - maybe humor... maybe not - you decide...

Page 3 of 3
On 8/30/2012 6:38 PM, Han wrote:

How is spending TRILLIONS more than the government brings in a good approach to battling a deficit???

Debt is bad for those with money. It's good for those the lifetime welfare recipients. Think of it as trickle-up-poverty.
Debt is bad for those with money. It's good for those the lifetime welfare recipients. Think of it as trickle-up-poverty. ========================================================== +1

+1, another type of inflation
--
Best regards
Han

How is voting for the person you wish to win a "don't care" attitude? If the rest of you play-it-safers and lesser-of-evilers had only voted for Perot in '92, we wouldn't have any of the messes we do today. You had your chance and blew it.
-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807
Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message wrote:

=============================================================Since you know that that person is not going to win, you are accepting the choice of others, those that vote for viable candidates. Like playing a game of darts. You decide right off that you can't win so you throw your dart 90 degrees from the board. You might as well not play. Results will be the same.

===============================================================I did. He blew it. You can continue to not vote for as long as you want. It won't help. You need a viable candidate first.
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.et says...

So, given the choice between having cancer in your left nut or in your right nut, which would you pick?

You pick the nut you like most and treat it, so it does what you like it to do. Simple, really!
--
Best regards
Han

That would work in a multiparty coalition form of government. It has some pros, but for a superpower as is the US, too many cons. Because it would mean that the head of government would serve at the pleasure of Parliament. Which means that if a minor party to the coalition bails, out of spite or principle, there is a lame duck government until the next elections can be held. Won't work in the US, despite the many factions in both Rs and Ds.
--
Best regards
Han

Yep. And I could go on :)
--
Best regards
Han

You will. That's the point.

Correct. Nothing would be better than what we have.

I agree that Obama could have been more agressive personally in pushing his agenda. Reid and Pelosi are really only soso leaders. Although they did get the ACA through!!!

Well, Congress has to make the laws, and they haven't been very good at it, in multiple respects. Whether that is the fault of the party of no, or the fault of a lack of leadership, I don't know. Perhaps both have failed?

I was very disappointed at the lies that Ryan promulgated yesterday (according to the reports, I hate the guy, so I didn't listen to him). <http://tinyurl.com/cjwbq9c <http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/in-ryan-critique-of-obama - omissions-help-make-the-case/?smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto>
Ann apparently gave a good speech, according to nrc.nl, but I don't need her love (for me, or anyone else). Christie was a bombastic selfserving ass, as usual.
--
Best regards
Han

Jesus Christ, Han. Didn't you hear what Pelosi said about the bill? "We need to pass it to know what's in it." This is LEADERSHIP?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To

Ditto Reid's idiocies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGO_bTgIf4
Shades of Keith Olberman, eh? <g>

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=harry+reid+scandal
Youtube comes up with 137 videos. Do you really have -any- faith whatsoever in either of those two liemongers?

CONgress has failed, bitterly and in total corruption, and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

I'm sure the DNC and/or the NYT could give nice, fair critiques of RNC functions. Uh, huh.
-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807
Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ

I really think that is no worse than lying Ryan: Blaming Obama for the closing of a factory in 2008, before the elections. And that is only 1 of the 5 major lies.

Agree!!
It wasn't fair? You mean they said the truth, right, but it was slanted?

-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807

Well, I think some have said that the Father of them all George Washington really knew how to write an expense report ...
But maybe I am just as much a hopeless cynic as you, Larry!
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

This meme has been thoroughly debunked. The factory DID cease production of SUV's in 2008, but continued making trucks until April 2009. The plant didn't close until June of 2009. Further, Ryan never blamed Obama for the closing of the factory. Ryan DID say Obama exaggerated when he said: "... this plant will be here for another hundred years."
Actual facts http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/30/fact-checking-the-factcheckers-on-ryans-speech /
See also the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel of September 19, 2011 http://www.jsonline.com/business/130171578.html
--
What are the other four? I'm twitching with anticipation.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Han wrote:

This meme has been thoroughly debunked. The factory DID cease production of SUV's in 2008, but continued making trucks until April 2009. The plant didn't close until June of 2009. Further, Ryan never blamed Obama for the closing of the factory. Ryan DID say Obama exaggerated when he said: "... this plant will be here for another hundred years."
Actual facts http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/30/fact-checking-the-factcheckers-on-ryans-speech /
See also the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel of September 19, 2011 http://www.jsonline.com/business/130171578.html
--
What are the other four? I'm twitching with anticipation.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And the Detroit Free Press wrote the following . . .

Good summary. There were a lot of ifs in the pieces I read. You are saying that the GM (who built that) decided to shut it, not Obama.
--
Best regards
Han