Re: OT - maybe humor... maybe not - you decide...

Page 2 of 3
On 8/30/2012 4:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Not wasting your vote exactly, but knowing that you're tilting at windmills, any vote for someone other than Romney or Obama infers that you'd rather have whoever is ahead on election day over his challenger. BTW, I prefer Ron Paul myself on his domestic policies. But domestic policy is set more by Congress than by the President. I fell of the Ron Paul wagon when he started explaining his position on foreign relations, which I thought was scary.

I don't think I ever liked him on an overall basis, but was somehow tricked into reading his book. Among the first bunch of chapters there were a few that I could understand, some even sympathize, but then he went totally overboard. He is a naive utopist, plus an isolationist. Sticking your head into the sand won't make the world a happier place.
--
Best regards
Han

You've just described Obama.

LOL Paul frightens me much more than Obama. All politicians stretch the truth and plain lie. That's why we ALL need to push our congresscritters more. And make sure all laws that concern us apply to politicans everywhere as well, and/or vice versa.
--
Best regards
Han

You're an idiot. Ryan has a plan to climb out of the hole. Obama insists it's not deep enough.

You're really good at red herrings and strawmen.

When the RomneyRyan budget gets us into more unemployment and longer in deficits than Obama's you're calling me an idiot ... Please also look at this: <http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/nationaldebt.asp

OK ... Am I wrong that ALL politicians lie? Or areyou saying we should just let them do as they want?
--
Best regards
Han
"Han" wrote in message

When the RomneyRyan budget gets us into more unemployment and longer in deficits than Obama's you're calling me an idiot ... Please also look at this: <http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/nationaldebt.asp

OK ... Am I wrong that ALL politicians lie? Or areyou saying we should just let them do as they want? =====================================================================The courts have ruled that politicians have a constitutional right to lie.

Is that serious? What a relief!
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/30/2012 7:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

BO is not a naive utopist. BO is a post turtle.
On 8/30/2012 10:27 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Unfortunately "None of the Above" will be a vote to continue the obama depression, so you have got to vote for the only alternative. Those who are unhappy with obama's mess and don't vote, vote to continue with this mess.
"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message wrote:

Unfortunately "None of the Above" will be a vote to continue the obama depression, so you have got to vote for the only alternative. Those who are unhappy with obama's mess and don't vote, vote to continue with this mess. ===============================================================================There are two kinds that don't vote. Those who don't care and those that believe that someone else would do a better job of it. I vote, but not necessarily because there is someone I like. If I dislike both, I vote for the one that will do the least damage. No matter who is running, there is always one that has qualities that you like more than the other guy. It would be hard to do worse that Obama. I vote because I do care.

My prediction: The economy is going to perk up soon (the housing mess is finally clearing a bit). Therefore, it doesn't matter much who wins. Obama will do a better job than liars Romney/Ryan, because he will have a better approach to battling the deficit. Unless of course we keep feeding the defense conspiracy, and forget about the middle class.
--
Best regards
Han

The economy would have already taken off if Obama didn't insist on keeping his boot on the necks of small businesses. Every time it tries, he comes up with more reasons for them to sit on their hands.

And here I hear that Obama has instituted tax breaks etc etc for small businesses. Whom to believe? :)
Regulations are indeed what kills time and diverts energy from the goal. Which is a very large part of my decision to retire when I did. I wish that there was a more simple way to say "behave properly, or else". This refers to (example) the interminable repeats of tests and certifications that you behave ethically in human research. With slight alterations in the rules and forms, so you really, really have to read the bureaucratese before you answer. Of course these types of things have really increased (unproductive) employment. More secretaries, rule makers, test readers, etc. But what is the alternative? We're supposed to have a presumption of innocence before punishing the guy who did whatever he is accused of, so we need evidence. Which in reality (Seriously!) means it isn't as bad to have done some wrong, as it is to have fudged the data, or failed to document what you did or somethign along those lines. No matter that did spill this or that and cleaned it up properly. You need the documentation.
--
Best regards
Han

Giggle. Of course you'll believe the Liar in Chief. No surprise. I'll believe the economy...

...it's dead, Jim.

Yet you want thousands of pages more of this stuff every year. <boggle>

Strangle the beast. Cut bureaucrat's budget 50% (for a start).

Nonsense. Only in a court of law does the presumption of innocence have any bearing.

The economy.

AGW.
Strawman.
"Han" wrote in message wrote:

My prediction: The economy is going to perk up soon (the housing mess is finally clearing a bit). Therefore, it doesn't matter much who wins. Obama will do a better job than liars Romney/Ryan, because he will have a better approach to battling the deficit. Unless of course we keep feeding the defense conspiracy, and forget about the middle class. =====================================================================Obviously, you haven't been paying attention.

At all. +1
-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807
Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ
My prediction: The

We'll when Obama after Obama gives his victory speech. Or we'll suffer RomneyRyanLying for 4 years.
--
Best regards
Han

Now you have ObamaLieBidenGaffEconomyDead.

Either case will cause suffering. <sigh> I see another few ripples like another housing crash and more problems as Obamacare kick in and people see how expensive (triple, quadruple?) it turns out. He hasn't controlled the most important things in the healthcare costs: doctors, insurance, and hospital expenses. (They've controlled insurance as "well" as they did pharmaceutical costs, by selling their souls to the devils in that line. Crom save us from our "benefactors".)